Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recall terrain collision death.

At approximately 4:30AM after ascending to a station in an old design ship with the front hangar door open, from a habitable planet(my home planet), i began taking suffication damage from vacuum and the entire ship lost pressure.

Upon dying and regaining control of the ship i ordered the crew to land on the planet as the pilot spins the ship when commanded to land at an airport. upon entering the atmosphere i began taking taking toxic atmosphere suffocation damage.

After landing the ship on a different portion of the planet, stopping all orders, then releasing my captains berth, and pressing the recall button i was collided with the terrain. receiving 114489371 hits of bludgeon damage. 10 absorbed.
After respawning no damage was taken.

Thought log attached.

Planet: Banvalza Cetros Beta III
Player ID: ZWFZYI

Attached Files
.txt   DamageReceived..txt (Size: 7.79 KB / Downloads: 0)

Haha, yeah that bug is still around. I reported it some years ago. Got good memories of testing this back in the day.
You can read it here: http://digiprose.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8162

After the ship re-pressurizes you will not take damage anymore.
It is supposedly just the logic of the game, if you are in an atmosphere but taking damage from no life-support, the game assumes it is the atmosphere that is toxic.

As for the taking collision damage from recalling, that might be related to the new "fall damage" or something.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo