Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenGL Compatibility

Old Shores of Hazeron still running Primeval without problem.

New Hazeron Starship cannot run the scene.

When I trying to press New Avatar III creation, I got OpenGL Compatibility Failure on rendering of 3d scene.
[Image: Hazeron-Starship-Open-GL.png]

I have Win7 and two graphic cards on my old notebook: integrated Intel HD Graphic 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX. Both have latest drivers from 2016 and 2018 years.

Did find that Intel card can support only OpenGL 3.1 max. 

NVIDIA supporting up to OpenGL 4.1
Specifying this card to the game exe and "OpenGL rendering GPU" in NVIDIA Control Panel has no effect.
=====
Trying to run Designer make same error with a crash, which can be debugged by Visual Studio
There's written:
Unhandled exception at 0x000007FEDC5BA360 (Qt5Gui.dll) in Hazeron Starship.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000008.

Debug log, when I just run Hazeron Starship and trying to create avatar, then Abort message.
https://pastebin.com/fBS0Y6WU

Normally if you have Intel integrated graphics, you should always disable those. Strange anomalies can happen where your game might not always pick the proper (best) graphics card. 

You could try disabling the Intel card to see if that confirms it.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

See: https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Issues
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Switching gpu in NVDIA Control Panel 
 and reducing to performance all on Intel side have no effect.

Also: run Hazeron Starship.exe without Steam login let me use Design Studio. Not full game without login, surely.
With Steam login same errors appear.

Usually to disable it, you either need to do so in device manager or in the BIOS.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

(02-05-2021, 07:55 AM)Kastuk Wrote: Switching gpu in NVDIA Control Panel 
 and reducing to performance all on Intel side have no effect.

Also: run Hazeron Starship.exe without Steam login let me use Design Studio. Not full game without login, surely.
With Steam login same errors appear.

Sounds like an issue specifically with Steam launching it then. Weird but not unexpected.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Another notebook with integrated Intel HD Graphic 4600 (OpenGL 4) on Win10 running Hazeron Starship without problems.
-------------------

On current older notebook, disabling of integrated videocard didnt have effect on incompatibility. Only turnoff the screen, and set resolution to 640x480 after restart. [Image: unknown.png]

On old notebook Steam seeing proper videocard with needful OpenGL version
[Image: unknown.png]

In the end I did replaced steam_api64.dll with special one to fix this problem for now.

In last steam version, game still switching to integrated videocard, even if it is disabled.
Cannot evade it by replacing steam_api64.dll anymore, as steam integration got updated.