Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make The Asteroid a Story
The current implementation of the asteroid in Hazeron Starship is weird and puts unneeded pressure on the player. For example, since it is a singleplayer game, I don't play much outside of the weekends currently.

I guess the stargazer can stay and serve as the first chapter of the story. But don't start the actual countdown here yet, let the player build their first city at their own pace.

Once the city has some level of advancement, start the second chapter with either the stargazer seeking out the player or maybe others with the same worries. This chapter should probably just advise the player to make an observatory if they haven't already, and then direct them to go to it.

Third chapter would start when you arrive at a finished observatory. Then start the countdown, but not as a week long thing that rely on real world time. Instead spawn the asteroid in the solar system and have it orbit around the solar system. Direct the player to make a spacecraft for either destroying it or evacuation.

Then once the asteroid either impact or is destroyed, have a final chapter of the story happen, probably two version depending on the outcome and location of the player and their ship.

The biggest issue I see is figuring out what state of city advancement would be good to trigger the second chapter at. Maybe when they have an airport on the moon? That way you know if the player has any chance of making a spacecraft.
I like the idea of splitting it into multiple chapters. Since anyone that has attempted to follow all of the Targoss story will know that one very long chapter gets weird and buggy. Also it is fun to think of that maybe it isn't just the stargazer that worry about this.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
You know Deantwo...this is a really good idea. It still keeps the suspense and the overall drive to progress but with RPG elements. 

I love it.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]