Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021-01-22 Web Site Moved to New Server
(01-22-2021, 07:17 PM)Haxus Wrote: If anyone would like to have access to the Steam beta version, PM me your email address.

Dose it have any condition?
the universe will be lonely without galactic chat... any chance of that staying? i can't imagine that being more of a server load than even this website.

given that it was 99℅ of my interaction with other players, singleplayer would be practically unchanged from multiplayer if you kept it as a feature, lol
(01-23-2021, 11:12 AM)Minty Wrote: the universe will be lonely without galactic chat... any chance of that staying? i can't imagine that being more of a server load than even this website.

Potentially just an integrated IRC channel. As long as it is optional I am not against the idea.

Might require a slight level of moderation though. Probably leave it disabled by default and such.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(01-23-2021, 11:14 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 11:12 AM)Minty Wrote: the universe will be lonely without galactic chat... any chance of that staying? i can't imagine that being more of a server load than even this website.

Potentially just an integrated IRC channel. As long as it is optional I am not against the idea.

good thinking :)
I'm glad for concentration of developing efforts on the single thing.
(01-23-2021, 11:15 AM)Minty Wrote:

Agreed, I remember back in 2012 Haxus tried to integrate IRC with galactic, and it worked fairly well. Although, it was spammy so he disabled it shortly after
What even
I'm glad to hear Hazeron will survive, even if not in MMO form. I'll be happy to buy the singleplayer game the moment it's available :)

Could probably integrate it with a Discord bot fairly easy. And have it set up to an official Discord made by Haxus. Instead of IRC.
So that way you could reach a wider audience if you get people on the Discord too.
(01-30-2021, 03:42 PM)Norway174 Wrote:

Could probably integrate it with a Discord bot fairly easy. And have it set up to an official Discord made by Haxus. Instead of IRC.
So that way you could reach a wider audience if you get people on the Discord too.

If the IRC is public, I am sure you can get a Discord bot to relay it.
I suggested IRC because it is easy and simple. And it doesn't require integration with a platform that some might not want to use.

But I don't know enough about IRC to say much about it. But having it use SteamID in a way so you can block spammers would be nice. Since with Hazeron avatars you could just delete the avatar and make a new one to continue spamming.
Possibly best to just have it use the Steam username too, rather than avatar name, for the same reason. We are then however moving towards a job that would be harder to implement, since it basically isn't a Hazeron communication channel anymore.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo