Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2021-01-02 Hazeron Plans for the Future
(01-03-2021, 02:37 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 02:32 AM)Oggal Wrote: Steam workshop for ships?

Yeah having the Blueprint Exchange(s) also work like that would be nice.

Even better as packages, so you can get a while set of building/ship blueprints together.

I am looking forward to buying the game, however I have little desire to design my own ships.     I understand that the 3D modeling system has been a favorite for many and of course holds a special interest for Haxus if I properly recall some of his pre-Hazeron history, so the opportunity to have some of that design work shared and possibly rated within a Steamworks Blueprint Exchange of some sort would be very much welcomed.     I think there even a mechanism for author monetization built into Steamworks Workshops.   We can at least "award" Steam points to workshop donations.
I too would really love to see self-hosted multiplayer servers. Let people form their own communities, and let them worry about the server cost.

That would free you up from having to deal with player drama in the MMO. And worry about server costs.

And you can keep developing the game.

Also, integrating Steam workshop with the blueprint exchange would be highly appreciated, to let us share and download ships we can then use in-game.
Haxus, self hosted servers on Hazeron starship would unironically save your game in the long term.

I can see people hosting this little-massive gem years into the next decade easily, and there being a cult following on steam, similar to dwarf fortress or space station 13.
(02-02-2021, 12:22 AM)OnePercent Wrote: Haxus, self hosted servers on Hazeron starship would unironically save your game in the long term.

I can see people hosting this little-massive gem years into the next decade easily, and there being a cult following on steam, similar to dwarf fortress or space station 13.

I was thinking the same thing, there defiantly would be a cult following. Sometimes the best advertising is word of mouth. 

Development might change a bit since the servers are not in your hands Haxus. Bug feedback will be a bit tricky in that you'll want a way to track issues and allow players/hosts to submit their universe for bug identification and correction. I don't know if these forums can support that (Perhaps). Something like Redmine or Bugzilla could allow users to submit/search for bugs or issues. sftp links could be handed out privately to those who require universe upload. Just thinking out loud.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(02-03-2021, 03:06 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 12:22 AM)OnePercent Wrote: Haxus, self hosted servers on Hazeron starship would unironically save your game in the long term.

I was thinking the same thing, there defiantly would be a cult following. Sometimes the best advertising is word of mouth. 

Development might change a bit since the servers are not in your hands Haxus. Bug feedback will be a bit tricky in that you'll want a way to track issues and allow players/hosts to submit their universe for bug identification and correction. I don't know if these forums can support that (Perhaps). Something like Redmine or Bugzilla could allow users to submit/search for bugs or issues. sftp links could be handed out privately to those who require universe upload. Just thinking out loud.

Yeah the reason I even know about Hazeron is because of Slaxx advertising the game on /x/ back in 2012.
Good lord that was 8 years ago
I think I found this game on Aurora 4x community, quite wild is it?
If self-hosting becomes a thing, I hope that the development tools & statistics become exposed to us so that we can recreate (and expand) the MMO experience.