Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make new players happy (Minor Ideas for Starship Hazeron)

Rainbow 
Hi Haxus,

some ideas formed in my mind, while playing SOH and using the designer recently. Hopefully these thoughts are appreciated and not annoying.

Building type diversity

It might be a nice idea, if there were at least one proper functional building blueprint per building type in the game. So cities would look more interesting. Or maybe give the new players access to the steam workshop, so they can publish and download design blueprints.
(Maybe it's the same for spaceships. At least there should be one for transporting commodities, one for passenger transport and one battleship.)

Designer: Simplyfication of room voids

I've noticed, that it is very tedious to make rooms, that you can walk in and especially to create functional doors.

Maybe there could be a mechanic, that automatically creates a room void, together with a room. The void would be a little smaller, than the room itself, to have some distance from the wall-faces.
Same for door-jigs. It should automatically create a void with it.
(An auto-group system for rooms and doors, and their voids, would be a helpful feature, too.)

Or add the option "Room Void" to the "Make" command of the designer (menu: Part). So it will be possible to copy the room, shrink it, change it into a room void and place it again, inside the existing room.

Vehicle auto damage (decay) reduction

For new players it might be convenient, that vehicles recieve auto-damage at a lower rate.

It would be nice, if there was a possibility to park vehicles in parking lots (or special service lots) and they will get reapaired there continously (like it worked with the road slabs in the old SOH version).

Thank you for all the effort and keeping this masterpiece of a game alive. There is still no other 1st person city managemant and space game, that has so much depth/possibilities and therfore is so much fun.

Greetings,
Falkenkopf

I think, room voids should be an automatic feature to make play field even for all players.
Else you could exploit it by creating impassable room voids, for example.