Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2021-01-02 Hazeron Plans for the Future

(01-03-2021, 12:01 AM)Haxus Wrote: Eventually, it might be possible to make the script engine available to the public. Then players could write and share stories between themselves. Some games have done this successfully. It doesn't really work for the mmo, unless someone at this end reviews and approves each script. Otherwise it's, "Oh look, is that a patent for warp 9 lying on the ground? Whoa Q255 even!"

I know I have definitely wanted this for a long time. I got a little story I have always wanted to make.

For Hazeron Starship it might be possible to make this easy if Steam Workshop integration is added. Don't know how much you know about the Steam Workshop feature, many other games use it for easy modding support.
Players can make mods (or in our case stories) and then release them as a downloadable package. Then other players simply click the "Subscribe" button on the packages they want, and they are automatically downloaded via Steam.

Seems like the perfect fit for this once the story script engine is made public.
At worse it allows players to add easy cheats to the game, like you hint at with the "warp 9 lying on the ground". But if the game is solo only (or stories are at least moderated before inclusion) it doesn't matter.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021-01-02 Hazeron Plans for the Future - by Deantwo - 01-03-2021, 12:45 AM