Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tools Have Priority
Example problem: I am building particle collector bays, which use tesloid dissipators as an ingredient. I am also smelting adamantine, which uses tesloid dissipators as a tool. The collector bays are using so many dissipators that the smelting cannot run, even though the smelter would need only one dissipator in order to run the process many times.

Suggestion: when a process fails to run because a tool is missing, that building serves a docket to its connected buildings. That docket entitles it to first priority on any examples of the missing tool that, in the future, enter the city's inventory. In this way, the very small number of tool items, which have a proportionately large value, would receive appropriate treatment, privileged above the very large number of ingredient items that have a proportionately very small value.
Agree with this !
(11-17-2020, 12:54 PM)Vectorus Wrote: Example problem: I am building particle collector bays, which use tesloid dissipators as an ingredient. I am also smelting adamantine, which uses tesloid dissipators as a tool. The collector bays are using so many dissipators that the smelting cannot run, even though the smelter would need only one dissipator in order to run the process many times.

Suggestion: when a process fails to run because a tool is missing, that building serves a docket to its connected buildings. That docket entitles it to first priority on any examples of the missing tool that, in the future, enter the city's inventory. In this way, the very small number of tool items, which have a proportionately large value, would receive appropriate treatment, privileged above the very large number of ingredient items that have a proportionately very small value.

That would be better than just the current solution of just scaling the supporting infrastructure in a way that you have far more than what you need. Especially if for some reason you can't scale it due to resource limitations.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]