Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum Input Q
Say I have a small source of high quality metal, together lots of low quality metal. I want to make sure the small, high quality source is used for important things like shipbuilding and weapons, while bullion, plantpots, picture frames and so on can use any old junk. 

It would be a practical and easy quality-of-life improvement to forbid certain processes to fetch input resources above a certain Q.
[Image: 7JQk4bf.jpg]
I know it doesn't solve the actual issue when talking about other resources, but for metal this is a non-issue.

That is because you can just mint metal (or the other metals) into bullion, and then smelt the bullion into quality 255 metal. The actual quality of ore doesn't matter anymore because of that.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Sure, the thought had occurred to me: it's just that metal is the most obvious example to pick. 

Besides, it is not necessarily worth the trouble of reducing your quantity and increasing your lead times with the whole re-smelting process when you are not after absolute top Q255 stuff. It might be a question of separating two streams of Q120 and Q200 ore.