Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game freezes upon opening construction menu

This happens the first time I open the construction menu for a "session" (where a session is however long I play for the day). Yes, manually refreshing the exchange is a workaround. But if I don't remember to do that and instead open the construction menu the game freezes and never recovering, requiring me to kill the process. After that happening once or twice, or if I refresh the exchange, it will work for the rest of the "session" usually multiple hours.

Just noting that this is still an issue after the latest server update.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

(03-25-2022, 12:38 PM)Greydog Wrote: Just noting that this is still an issue after the latest server update.

Since this is a client issue, of course. No need to bump bug reports after every server update.

It seems to specifically be an issue with the Construction window, since the Blueprint Exchange window can download the blueprints without issue.
Since this issue started right after blueprint caching was implemented, I expect it to be related to that. Possibly only happens when the Construction window is forced to compare the exchange's blueprints with the locally cached blueprints. This would also explain why it isn't always an issue, it only happens when a new blueprint is found on the exchange and it has to be cached.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Meh, what do I know, I'm a consumer, not a coder. All I know is it froze me out twice since the update and I was just passing it along.

Hello, long time no see.

When opening the game and quickly going to the Construction Screen (F11), the game crashes.
This also happens when the game doesn't download the building blueprints for some reason - opening the F11 screen and hovering the mouse over one of the building options cause the crash.

To workaround this, I often open the Building Blueprint Exchange first and click Refresh Blueprints, and then open the Construction Screen.
Let me know if there's some setting or way around this - I've been crashing a lot.

(03-27-2022, 08:14 PM)Gabeux Wrote: Let me know if there's some setting or way around this - I've been crashing a lot.

No, your current workaround is the only fix we got currently. It causes me to crash often too.

PS: I merged your thread into this existing bug report thread.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Another option is to open f11 and wait for it to load before mousing over anything

Whenever you try to enter construction tab to place new buildings, game freezes. Previously, it was enough to just update blueprint exchange and wait for it to finish, but now it just never does so. Since you cant really progress without building cities, you are softlocked from progression.