Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game freezes upon opening construction menu

Hazeron freezes upon opening construction menu (F11) when attempting to load the blueprints.

An interim fix is to just keep trying after you go back to your desktop. Login again and go back in to the construction menu, it will take 5-6 tries but you will be able to access it eventually. Hopefully this info helps finding the source of the issue too.

I found that it doesn't, or is less likely, to freeze when the F11 menu is opened in first person with mouse-look still activated, then giving it a second or two and then activating the cursor and top-down view. It has still froze in first person when opening the menu and immediately mousing over the construction options.

Opening the construction menu for the first time after logging in and immediately mousing over the construction options will freeze the game 100% of the time. The only exception to this is when you exclude all blueprints in your filters and have none to load as a result.

The current workaround is to wait a few seconds after opening the construction menu and then mousing over the construction options. After you've done that, it won't freeze for as long as you're logged in.

Clear cached Building Exchange will help.

Workaround: Click the "Refresh Published Blueprints" button on the Building Blueprint Exchange window before opening the Construction window.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

For some reason i am suddenly unable to build because launching the Construction window freezes/crashes the client.     I understand that the function is probably trying to update blueprints but I don't even see that message anymore.   

Emperor Semore KIDP
Win64 client

Maybe corrupted blueprint repository?   Is there something I can do without wiping and reinstalling?

EDIT: Possible work around (or coincidence): created new toon and joined empire. Was able to use the Construction window with the new toon. Switched back to original toon and the problem no longer exists.

I've been having this issue off and on all day
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

(03-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Snowmantis Wrote: Possible work around

Better workaround. Open the Building Blueprint Exchange and click refresh in that window to download all public building blueprints. Only after doing that, opening the construction window should work again.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

UPDATE: This is a recurring issue. The workarounds do help, but obviously something triggers this freeze. I just do not have the tools or insight to drill in on exactly what is happening.