Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View Screens
Would love for some method to hide all this jazz from the view on my Internal Bridge, kinda like how it's done in Rodina. Not quite sure how it can be defined, but perhaps some form of "Screen Void" volume indicator in the design? it will 'hide' the view of the external ship itself when viewed from inside out or if the camera is within this 'screen void' it will only display inside objects of ships such as room voids, rooms and all their detail.

[Image: VujhjB4h.png]

What it looks like in the game Rodina: [Image: aEIdFXu.png]

That's a view from inside the ship, and it doesn't draw the outside of the ship from within, without any obstruction.
I would love to see this.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Haxus has mentioned a few times that this shouldn't be too hard and that he would add it. I guess he just haven't had time.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(10-07-2020, 06:32 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Haxus has mentioned a few times that this shouldn't be too hard and that he would add it. I guess he just haven't had time.

That's one step closer....

[Image: donny-versiga-enterprise-bridge-twok-01.jpg?1552211406]

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
I was going to make a post like this myself - much the easiest way to implement viewscreens is simply to give them a special transparency logic that prevents any part of the ship from being rendered when you look through them! 

In fact, you can already do this if you are careful about faces and backfaces - but it would be much more useable if the game did it for you.
(11-15-2020, 11:34 AM)Vectorus Wrote: I was going to make a post like this myself - much the easiest way to implement viewscreens is simply to give them a special transparency logic that prevents any part of the ship from being rendered when you look through them! 

In fact, you can already do this if you are careful about faces and backfaces - but it would be much more useable if the game did it for you.

Some of that logic applies to farm vehicles apparently, it doesn't render buildings or atmosphere for that matter when you look through their windscreens.
I was just coming back to mention that! You beat me to it. All windows on vehicles currently have the desired effect already, as a bug. It should be pretty easy to find out what causes that bug and tweak it a bit to allow viewscreens.