Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

Here is an official update.

The universe database will NOT be reset. Resets in the past have generally been driven by some change or other, that made it easier to restart than to upgrade or fix the data. There are no changes of that magnitude on my list at all.

The Steam release will be December 1st or later, with no urgency to get it done. I am working on some significant changes that must be completed before then.

The biggest change is enabling the solo play mode to do about everything the multi play mode can do, and to make the solo database persistent. The solo play mode then becomes a playable game.

The product released on Steam will be a single-player only variation of Shores of Hazeron. It has been dubbed Hazeron Starship.

Shores of Hazeron will continue as theĀ multi-player only variant of the game. I will restore the $10 per month fee, when I get around to it. This is a low priority and I don't mind letting things run free-to-play for a bit.

For about $25k, I can get a new server with 256 threads. It would replace seven of the Dell PE1950s, accounting for 28 threads (4 threads each). This achieves a nice upgrade to the servers without expanding into another cabinet, so my monthly server bill would remain unchanged. Those seven old boxes would move to the debug server grid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Haxus - 10-15-2020, 04:28 PM