Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

(10-09-2020, 02:40 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 03:27 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: The solar system multi-user/ship count is an issue, fleet battles are laggy like crazy. However that "should" be easy to fix with better server hardware.
Not all issues could be solved with more hardware.
See EVE's "Jita syndrome" f.e. The more hardware you drop at a single most demanded system in the universe, the more people are going to use it, thus increasing demand to the limits, whatever the limits to be.

Quote:Multi-socket with very large core/thread count.
No matter how many cores/threads are there, one solarsystem is handled by one thread.
Compare it with bipedal walking - you can't have left leg handled by a brain different from the one handling the right leg. Or you get anything but smooth walking.

Of course adding more hardware to non-optimized systems wont really solve anything long term, I agree 100% with you on that. I don't know what the current server hardware is today, I'm hoping it's changed since https://www.hazeron.com/ComputerCenter.html 

If it has not changed and that above web link is correct, I standby my previous statements to improve server and storage hardware. 

As for the solar systems are concerned, I mentioned that should be overhauled to allow more threads on demand based on thread load. I know none of that is easy to do but it must be done to handle the big leagues.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Rockinsince87 - 10-09-2020, 09:31 PM