Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

(10-08-2020, 07:46 PM)resonkinetic Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 07:31 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: what if Hazeron takes off like crazy. Like does REALLY REALLY well on Steam.

It's a niche game with niche mechanics and niche graphics. It's going to get hammered by most people because "muh grafix" then anyone who appreciates it for what it is will be turned off when Haxus goes back to a subscription model.

Still, even after all of that there's going to be a net positive. I'm not sure it's going to be enough to keep Haxus working on the game, however.

I agree with you 100%. It will hook those who don't care about the graphics (which are really not that awful, to be honest, and can be improved ((look at what is going on with minecraft these days))). If the price is not right and the total cost of ownership is too high then Hazeron is back to square one.

Personally, I feel that Hazeron will get picked up by a decent number of players. Most current players stumbled upon it, there was no advertisement. If he is able to sell let's say 50,000 copies and there is a yearly fee of 10 USD, that might just work. The key to a low yearly subscription fee is a larger volume of sales and a low total cost of ownership. There are a few ways to figure that out but it's all actuary based finance so the more information gathered the more accurate the prediction.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Rockinsince87 - 10-08-2020, 08:46 PM