Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

would suggest adding the poll here too?
Then just add it all together or whatever.

My thoughts on a reset are... well conflicted.

First of all, we really really need to get rid of this idea of a universe reset fixing anything at all. Without major changes to follow with the reset, it won't change anything. We don't want everyone in the game to keep thinking that a reset could happen at any time. We don't want people to think they can win the universe. People shouldn't have to worry about some majority poll wiping everything they have made with little warning.

Second reason would be the public blueprints. We both don't want to lose them, and wouldn't want to have to reupload them all again. Maybe some of the blueprints aren't working and the public blueprints probably could use some cleaning up, but most of them are good. Resetting the universe would remove avatars, which would remove the ownership of blueprints so they can't be updated/removed when needed.

If you really want a reset, and I am not asking everyone else here. Then I would suggest it is because you want to make some major changes:
  • For example to change the universe to be smaller or otherwise different. It is easy to make the universe bigger than it is to make it smaller, so best to start small.
  • Other than that, things like major changes to the building/city systems could require a reset. I have talked on length about how I think the current volume allocation system is too complex for building blueprints.
    See: Building Blueprint Simplification
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Deantwo - 10-06-2020, 06:06 PM