Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

So I'll put a copy of my messages from earlier...
"I wanna make my opinion known on this one... DO NOT SUSPEND OR END THE PATREON CAMPAIGN... The $25 price tag on steam is probably ok... But the game is far to indev to go "all-in" on steam. Doing so might just be disastrous. The game is too unstable and too incomplete to fair well against the steam review system. Meaning it is unlikely a lot of purchases beyond the already established fan base will occur. By labeling the game early access and using patreon during that time period it may be possible to sustain income until the game is ready for release at which point end the campaign and hike the price up to the $35 - $45 range."

Haxus -
" Steam Early Access has a clear set of criteria for software in that category. Shores of Hazeron does not belong there. "

Me-
" Went through the tos I see what you mean ... Does steam's regular sale forbid the usage of Patreon or other revenue streams?"

Haxus -
"It is not forbidden. In fact there is at least one game that is on Steam and also has a Patreon. Steam only asks for fairness. I can' t charge more for my game on Steam than I do elsewhere. They want their members to be treated fairly, to be sure they are getting the same deal they would get anywhere else. "

And it's this last comment here I want to draw attention too... As imo that is going to be the most productive and worthwhile method of maintaining the current development method as well as utilizing steam as an advertising and distribution platform.

The ~$500 from patereon is going to be imperative in the first few months of steam usage as the game likely will not get any more attention there compared to what it is getting now

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by danthemanisme95 - 10-06-2020, 02:52 PM