Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-11-19 Story Character Bug
Story Character Bug
This update fixes a bug that caused some story characters to stop appearing. Lennerd was one of them. The bug failed to establish a species for the character and then created no character at all. Now it will fall back to your species if there is a failure.

This bug was bad enough that I decided it was worth updating for. It affects both the mmo and solo games.

Solo Universe Seed
Deantwo suggested the solo universe use the same seed for all players, so the solo universe is consistent between them. That is done.
(11-19-2020, 03:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: Story Character Bug
... some story characters to stop appearing. Lennerd was one of them. ...

Lennerd? I don't recall a story character with that name.
New story?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(11-19-2020, 03:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: Solo Universe Seed
Deantwo suggested the solo universe use the same seed for all players, so the solo universe is consistent between them. That is done.

Dose this mean that all of the solo game a can create will have the same universe? Are the same quality of resource will all ways be at same place?
(11-19-2020, 04:16 PM)Norm49 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: Solo Universe Seed

Dose this mean that all of the solo game a can create will have the same universe? Are the same quality of resource will all ways be at same place?

On the same worlds, yes. But the chance of two players spawning on the same planet is small.

All the solo universes being the same can be fun for the community, as they can share the location of interesting sights or map the galaxies if they want.
Would be cool to see people trying to track down and document all ringworlds in the solo universe for example.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Who is Lennerd and how can we meet him and can I express how very much I would like us all to create stories for people to enjoy, both online and especially in single-player where there will be a need for content?  Even if, initially, it would mean just writing the stories and letting you implement them with developer tools. And using useless XP as a reward so as to shelve that balance problem for later.

Got excited. One point I think needs be made about solo universe implementation is that it may be dicey to expect people to pay for a solo experience while a full-featured online alternative is available, with the added benefit of playing with friends, for free? Reintroducing the monthly fee before , rather than after, Steam landing seems important. Not that you had actually indicated the contrary; just making the point.