Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Resolved] AI pathing issues in ship and in space

So this started yesterday but I ignored it. After hearing from other players similar issues with ships diving into planets it started to makes sense. I know it's not the ships because I have built these ships a few times with no issues. 

In short:
- Any existing or new ship I build, the AI is unable to path to their stations
   - The ships: Atlantis, RC-232, and a few more. 
   - I have to order the crew to mount me and I carry them to their stations one at a time
- If I order my crew to go orbit above a planet or city they either dive bomb into the planet or dip a bit into the atmo.
   - Right now this is consistent.

I don't know if this is my star system only. I am looking into that.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Ok i'm starting to think there are bigger issues. 

My crew were unable to figure out how to go around my planet with a waypoint on the other side. They just sat there and bounced back and forth between aiming at the center of the planet and aiming at the edge of the atmosphere non stop. (my altitude was 5500) 

So I manually fly around. Now I notice warp flt is not charging in my system. Edit: It took 5 minutes to charge and 1 minute to engage. 

It looks like it's my system only. 

Confirmed.

Not limited to a single system. There have been repeated atmodives and crews unable to take their stations recently.

Confirmed, crew are completely unable to judge speed relative to destination and they zoom past the wormhole/planet at extremely high speed and then turn around, repeating infinitely
What even

(09-20-2020, 05:12 PM)Celarious Wrote: Confirmed, crew are completely unable to judge speed relative to destination and they zoom past the wormhole/planet at extremely high speed and then turn around, repeating infinitely

I seem to remember this being a thing years ago too, I've seen it well before just the other day, but recently it's become even more frequent.

Feeling a bit discouraged about the number of fairly highly annoying if not game stopping bugs that are still here years later.

(09-20-2020, 09:55 PM)se5a Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:12 PM)Celarious Wrote: Confirmed, crew are completely unable to judge speed relative to destination and they zoom past the wormhole/planet at extremely high speed and then turn around, repeating infinitely

I seem to remember this being a thing years ago too, I've seen it well before just the other day, but recently it's become even more frequent.

Feeling a bit discouraged about the number of fairly highly annoying if not game stopping bugs that are still here years later.

So Haxus has now rebooted the servers for database maintenance. That may actually fix this. 

What I wanted to add was, prior to the reboot, this morning I went into a different system with my ship having issues. Suddenly, the crew just pathed correctly to their stations all at once. So it was localized to specific star systems albeit quite a few systems I am guessing. 

We'll see if it was just database maintenance that was required and or server reboots. 

Updating. 

Yes after the maintenance and reboots. That seems to have resolved these issues. Clearly they were symptoms of a bigger problem.