Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to trade with new colony
After placing down an unfinished airport terminal, broker and capitol on a new colony, I have tried offering on the trade channel and get no response. Dean used his agent accounts to check the colony, and the airport/broker did not respond no matter how they were hailed. After placing down another airport terminal in the city, this new one started responding to hails and trade offers. 

It seems like the order I placed the buildings may have caused this, as I placed the airport first, then the flag claim, then the broker, then the capitol. However dean was unable to reproduce this. I also originally sent a shipment of stone to the colony, which was accepted and stored fine, so maybe this caused issues?

We could not find the cause of the problem and dean suggested posting this bug report so here it is
What even
I've built over 20 colonies and this happened to me only once, maybe twice. So it's definitely difficult to reproduce. I do also believe it had something to do with build order and claiming the planet with a flag.
Just to add, when the original bugged airport terminal was finished and fully built, it started responding to trade offers fine. I think maybe while unfinished, it was stuck in some kinda "not part of city" state? And finishing it caused it to re-check this state? Not sure entirely
What even
(09-17-2020, 03:15 PM)Celarious Wrote: Just to add, when the original bugged airport terminal was finished and fully built, it started responding to trade offers fine. I think maybe while unfinished, it was stuck in some kinda "not part of city" state? And finishing it caused it to re-check this state? Not sure entirely

I had this happen to me just the other day. New colony, but my build order was different. 
Airport > Capitol > Police Station > Broker > Flag (I almost forgot to place it) 

I was not able to trade with the colony and the colony was not importing population. I waited 8 hours until someone suggested in chat I manually move people to the colony via cryo berths just to see what they would do. They all died because the city was not importing anything including air  :)

I destroyed the four above buildings and rebuilt them all in the same order. It just started working after. Very strange indeed. 

I built a few other colonies after, no issues after that incident.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]