Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shields Up, But people can board anyway

This morning during combat my ship was boarded while my shields were up.

I was personally controlling the ship and watching the shields. They did not drop at any point during the engagement and yet Not_An_Staines_Alt was able to board my ship.

This isn't the first time this has happened explicitly with this player either. My shields were up yesterday and he managed to board the ship and actually took it over, logging off presumably soon after boarding.

I get that it is the PvP realm, but when there is absolutely no protection for people who are off-line from having their stuff taken from them it tends to break the will to play Hazeron and frankly pay to be a Patreon.

(09-14-2020, 11:28 AM)Systemicyco Wrote: This morning during combat my ship was boarded while my shields were up.

I was personally controlling the ship and watching the shields. They did not drop at any point during the engagement and yet Not_An_Staines_Alt was able to board my ship.

As far as I know it is possible to use transporters to board a ship with shields up if your ship is inside (or partially?) the shield bubble.

It is a little concerning that we can't reliably defend against transporters.

(09-14-2020, 11:28 AM)Systemicyco Wrote: he managed to board the ship and actually took it over, logging off presumably soon after boarding.

To get rid of enemy avatars that are offline on your ship, you have to click the "Reconclie Roster and Kick Stowaways" button on the Spacecraft window's Roster tab.

[Image: RosterStowaways.png]
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Obviously you have to know they have stowed away.

Even if you do, if they are on an alt they could just log back on, continue hiding, then log off for after you've pressed the button. The system gives no indication that an unauthorised transport signature has been detected.

(09-15-2020, 09:46 AM)Systemicyco Wrote: Obviously you have to know they have stowed away.

Even if you do, if they are on an alt they could just log back on, continue hiding, then log off for after you've pressed the button. The system gives no indication that an unauthorised transport signature has been detected.

This is true. It would be nice if crew would announce incoming transporter beams that aren't targeted at one of the ship's own transporter pads.

Crew should probably periodically mention if there are offline avatars on board. And officers should definitely periodically kick enemy offline stowaways.

The kicking of stowaways is currently manual, because some times you have non-hostile guests on your ship, and it would be annoying if they were kicked off every time they went offline.
But as mentioned before, for an empire with non-hostile contact stance an enemy can at any time become neutral by making a new empire.

Or you know, make the fraking shields work to block transporters until they are below 5%. even if a ship is in the bubble.

If your transporter is on people can transport to it even when the shields are up, I think this is intended so that you don't have to down your shields to beam down/up. I think the intended way to protect against this is to treat your transporter room as an external boundary for defense purposes?

(09-15-2020, 02:22 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Or you know, make the fraking shields work to block transporters until they are below 5%.  even if a ship is in the bubble.

Sounds good to me.

(09-15-2020, 02:26 PM)Raymoo Wrote: If your transporter is on people can transport to it even when the shields are up, I think this is intended so that you don't have to down your shields to beam down/up. I think the intended way to protect against this is to treat your transporter room as an external boundary for defense purposes?

What you are saying isn't directly related to what we are talking about. But yes you are correct that if the transporter pads are activated, any other transporter can connect to it even if shields are up.

But I doubt Systemicyco was activating the transporter pads manually while in combat, and crew don't active the transporter pads unless an avatar that is in chain of command request a beam up while in a transporter room.

That's true, my bad.