Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered ships sometimes ignore the wormhole and deadhead.

As on the tin, often a ship with an officer will ignore the wormhole when ordered to travel by wormhole to a system, and deadhead instead.

The crew doesn't say on the Crew channel why they are deadheading instead? They will announce if it is because the wormhole is blocked.

There is a bug report about missing wormholes though, so it could be that. You will have to inspect the wormholes in each system along the route a little better.
See: (Bug report) wormhole scans innacurate
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

+1. I have a short route than can be used for testing if needed - dunno if it would reproduce it thoough. This happened to two of my ships.

Could this be one of the causes? A planet blocking/being in the way of a wormhole?
[Image: 53q85OL.png]

(09-10-2020, 05:31 AM)Deantwo Wrote: The crew doesn't say on the Crew channel why they are deadheading instead? They will announce if it is because the wormhole is blocked.

There is a bug report about missing wormholes though, so it could be that. You will have to inspect the wormholes in each system along the route a little better.
See: (Bug report) wormhole scans innacurate

Nope, this happens consistently every time after the 1st jump in a wormhole route, even if the wormholes are fully accessible. The fix is to delete the order and reissue it, and then they continue for another jump fine before proceeding to deadhead again in the next system
What even

I've had this happen to me too

Maybe it's the return wormhole is N and we're only using a P drive not a PN drive.
seems that it's happening less now that I've got PN. maybe the crew should say something to that affect if a wormhole exsists but the ship doesn't have the correct drive to use it.

It might also help if the star map showed the wormhole polarity. maybe the lines could have arrows on them with the colour ieĀ  ----<<-->>---- or ----<<-->>--- etc.

this happens to me constantly, the navigator just wont select the wormhole.
i can plot the course just fine.

Yeah, it happens to me too, when you give an order to fly to a target that requires several jumps.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]