Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollbacks after every reboot?

People on discord keep mentioning rollbacks after every reboot. I have not seen any mention in the updates about the server issues having caused rollbacks or that rolling back has been necessary to solve problems.

I think I remember that rollbacks were a result of bad database transactions in the past.

Is this something you are aware of?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

For me it's consistent across every scheduled restart for an update, any buildings built 10-20 mins before the restart are reset to a half-constructed state with some of the labour missing, and any process changes in other buildings get reverted

Sometimes when there's server issues and a lot of limbo over a weekend, the next server restart can cause a 16 hour+ rollback, like what happened on the 23rd/24th/25th
What even

I have rollbacks after every restart of the server. Sometimes it's destroy some buildings, sometimes half of the colony. Past rollbacks were related to limbo. In addition, it happens strangely, it can erase the building, but not the patent that was produced in it.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]

A common one I get is that a building (typically mines) are reset to their default production. For example, a mine I had mining gems on a moon switched itself to eludium and flooded my grav couple production with low-Q eludium.

Well, there was another rollback for a fairly long time. Yesterday I started building a colony. Today, when I entered many buildings were completed, I placed new ones and left the game. When a logged in the evening, I found that the progress of the construction of some buildings that were completed in the morning was reset. In addition, nothing new was built, although the colony had resources and supplies of new ones, and also 100 (or 100+) citizens.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]

Yeah I just had a strange rollback, last night I built a new city, most of it inside a biodome.
all the buildings outside the biodome are still there, but everything except for the capitol building INSIDE the dome is gone. most the buildings outside it were constructed *after* the buildings inside the dome.

Something happened to me, a little bit similar, where my police building inside a biodome disappeared. It made me think that there was a much bigger rollback because most of my buildings disappeared from the city report. In actuality only the police station was gone. I'm not sure what this means, there were other buildings under the dome that were built before and after the police station, and many of them would also not be able to survive outside the dome. This was on a gas giant core. Afterward I installed a police station that could survive outside the dome, just in case. Not something new, this had already happened when I made my last post in this thread.

This is happening fairly frequently for me, it's not even between reboots.

I recently just started a colony, half the necessary buildings were already completely built including the capitol, farm, and broker.
Farm production was set up and producing goods.
I then ran out of Construction materials, switched avatars, set up a shipment of Vulcium, and logged off to go do other stuff while waiting for the shipment.
Logged back in an hour or so later, and only the broker is constructed. other buildings are still placed. some of which I think were placed *after* the other buildings had been completely constructed.
it's getting pretty frustrating.

Same problem. After six hours since i've created colony, half of buildings went back 'under construction'.

So I've had some rollback with Hazeron Starship. Still an issue.

Edit: 3/20/2021 The most random things were rolled back. An apartment here, a university there, and a plastics factory there. This happened to about 4 colonies of 10. 
Very random...

Edit: 3/24/2021 More roll backs. Not entire colonies. Just specific buildings from them.
This is still a major issue that if left unresolved will definitely deter new players. 

EDIT: 3/24/2021 - Night
Found out it's not the rollback bug but decay! 

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]