Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Labour Cost For Different Construction Materials
Right now labour cost seems to be at a base of 20 in addition to an extra labour point per unit of material used, this becomes very apparent in harsh environment buildings.
[Image: rvY04ir.png]
[Image: 7Okv4ke.png]
So now what happens is that buildings take an obscenely long time to construct since Air which is a primary material for harsh environment buildings (a lot of air is required per volume of Life Support assigned) makes up more than half of the building's construction cost.
I'm mostly fine with different materials costing a single labour point, but Air is a too big of an offender to ignore.
So here is what I think should be the case:
Air should be 0.01 Labour per unit.
Life Support materials (Electronics/Mechanical Parts, Plastics and Textiles) should be 0.5 labour per unit.
And the labour for each of the basic building materials should decrease the more advanced they are (or the other way round maybe?), for example, 2 for Logs/Lumber, 1 for Stone, 0.5 for Metal, 0.25 for Magmium and etc. 
This could also apply to Spacecraft construction as well.
[Image: 2odFvSU]

I approve of this idea.
[Image: fe797a1694929efd30d309ea6d5192e8.png]
I'd rather want to see construction costs normalized.
(08-27-2018, 12:04 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: I'd rather want to see construction costs normalized.

Normalized? As in?
As in don't jump from tens to thousands and back.
I'm not sure air should even be a construction material. It's harvested by refineries for citizens to use, and the amount used in construction doesn't allow citizens to live in the buildings.
(08-30-2018, 04:06 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I'm not sure air should even be a construction material. It's harvested by refineries for citizens to use, and the amount used in construction doesn't allow citizens to live in the buildings.

Could add a new construction component, "Life Support Component" or something. And have those be used for life support construction.
It costing a unit of Air to manufacture a component like that isn't that farfetcted, think of it as testing or something. And you have to make sure a player is harvesting air before he makes a harsh environment colony anyway, using air in some way for construction helps with that.

If most of the materials used in harsh environment construction was changed to these components, construction time would be a lot lower.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
The air requirement seems too high. I removed it from buildings, pending the next update (not today). They consume air through their normal operations.

Spacecraft require air for life support because you never have to recharge it. That code was copied and doesn't make sense for buildings.
This fix did make it into the server update today.