Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using imported objects for Turrets
I'm currently using blender to design a ship. I've imported a turret Base and a turret Barrel object. I can convert the base part to a turret, but how do I connect the barrel part to its "gun state"? Huh
(08-30-2020, 12:43 PM)Deadeye Wrote: I'm currently using blender to design a ship. I've imported a turret Base and a turret Barrel object. I can convert the base part to a turret, but how do I connect the barrel part to its "gun state"? Huh

Try going into face mode on the barrel part, copying everything, and then pasting them into the turret while you're in face mode on the gun state.
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]
(08-31-2020, 03:27 PM)Athena Wrote: Try going into face mode on the barrel part, copying everything, and then pasting them into the turret while you're in face mode on the gun state.

Thanks! That did the trick. I kind of miss the practicality of the old designer. The new one requires a bit more effort but also produces better results I guess. If only we had a hybrid of the two.
Because of your hybrid brain?
(09-05-2020, 07:30 AM)Moghom Wrote: Because of your hybrid brain?

Not sure what you're getting at. Have you at least used both designers or only the new one?