Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokers are not fetching from other planets in the same system

Heart 
For a day or two, my brokers in several different systems have been unable to fetch resources from other planets in the same solar system. I'm guessing this is related to something that was changed after the two big server crashes a few days ago.
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]

I believe that was an issue in the last universe too. I sort of remember dealing with it.

Workaround: Build a warehouse that imports the commodities in the city, then the broker can fetch from that.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Pls fix, this is actually a massively inconvenient bug. [Image: uVnmwc2.png]

I thought airports do that on their own and brokers aren't related to in-system stuff. Seemed to work last week or so anyhow.

(03-27-2022, 05:58 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: I thought airports do that on their own and brokers aren't related to in-system stuff.  Seemed to work last week or so anyhow.

You misunderstood the issue.

A broker is setup to send shipments of X to another solar system. The broker's city does not have X in its storage. X is however available on another world in the broker's solar system, but the broker is unable to fetch X from that other world's storage.

(08-26-2020, 07:13 PM)Athena Wrote: For a day or two, my brokers in several different systems have been unable to fetch resources from other planets in the same solar system. I'm guessing this is related to something that was changed after the two big server crashes a few days ago.

Is there a reason or rather is it impossible to place a broker in that city that already has the goods? No mater what you do, the import rates inter-system are not fast enough. It's far more efficient to put the in the city mining/harvesting/processing the material.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

(03-27-2022, 04:18 AM)Athena Wrote: Pls fix, this is actually a massively inconvenient bug. [Image: uVnmwc2.png]

The workaround is simple enough though, just build a warehouse in the city so it can fetch the commodities and make them available to the broker. With the slight change to waeehouse import rate we had recently, this should be easier to deal with.

Why would you not just put the broker on the planet that is producing the stuff, warehouse importing is really slow.

Yeah 10000 is nothing when I want to ship hundreds of millions every hour.

Puting a warehouse on a planetoid might not be possible due to building volume restriction, at least not one of sufficient size.