Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Patreon
Agreed with Jack.
Haxus can you give us a example of the vote we can do on patreon?
Would you be willing to entertain subscribestar? I'm not a huge fan of patreon hence the request. I'd understand if it was too much hassle.
Patreon changed the way their patron-only posts work. This may be recent as it appears to be an announcement of a change. Non patrons now see the first 140 characters of the patron-only posts.

Perhaps they were listening.

It does show the activity level of a Patreon creator, to nonmembers.

It might be entirely sufficient for my needs, as a teaser.
(08-21-2020, 01:00 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Maybe post updates here read only, and allow discussion/complaints only on the Patreon?
Patreon only blueprint for ships maybe? Mention on the launcher or webpage? Might be good. 
Im not fussed about anything else. And patreon donators certainly shouldnt get any tangeable advantage. 
To be totally honest, i was unable to play over the weekend due to the server issues. The fix was successful though and im a huge fan of this game. 
Ill be donating to the patreon just to help keep the servers and updates rolling.
Servers were much more stable today. I will post another server update in the morning. It is a more thorough implementation of the change today, nothing fun.
if it works... its fun..
I think it is a really bad idea to put the update posts in patron only. The game is now free to play, meaning anyone can play it regardless of their patron status. To hide what is changing, being adding, or removed in the game from these people is a way to alienate and frustrate potential players. Even if patron shows the first 140 characters of a post, those who still play but are not patrons for whatever reason will be in the dark.

Developer teasers or something "behind the scenes" is a better idea for patron only access than something as critical as patch notes.
Kindof agree to be honest.
(08-25-2020, 10:34 PM)martianant Wrote: I think it is a really bad idea to put the update posts in patron only. The game is now free to play, meaning anyone can play it regardless of their patron status. To hide what is changing, being adding, or removed in the game from these people is a way to alienate and frustrate potential players. Even if patron shows the first 140 characters of a post, those who still play but are not patrons for whatever reason will be in the dark.

Developer teasers or something "behind the scenes" is a better idea for patron only access than something as critical as patch notes.

I totally agree with that. Seeing the post can also prove to new comer that the game is actively work on.