Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Station Broker Slider
As far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) Stations only have 2 brokers. I find that stations not over a city may need more. It would nice if we had a slider in the designer to add to or decrease that number.

i was under the impression that the auto-intrasystem trading would include a station that had been towed to a gas giant?
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(07-19-2020, 12:06 AM)Greydog Wrote: As far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) Stations only have 2 brokers. I find that stations not over a city may need more.

Why do you need more than two? There is no limit to the amount of resources that can be in a shipment. The limit is only that you can only configure two, meaning two specific commodity types or two commodity categories

(07-19-2020, 12:06 AM)Greydog Wrote: i was under the impression that the auto-intrasystem trading would include a station that had been towed to a gas giant?

No, stations are not cities, so they are not part of the automatic intra-system trade. Stations will automatically fetch fuel from cities in the system at some interval, and they also collect a few random commodities. But cities cannot take from the station.

To get resources out of a station, just order the station to sell the commodities to the cities in the system. The station is always considered to be in trade range of all cities in the system, so it does not have to orbit ovrr a city to sell its cargo.

If there are no cities in the system, you setup a broker shipment from the station to a destination city. But remember you need to refuel the station somehow if it can't harvest its own fuel.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Quote:Why do you need more than two?
Because I have more than two locations to send to.

Quote:Stations will automatically fetch fuel from cities in the system at some interval
This one was not taking fuel. I had to write that into the mission orders. Nor was it sending it's harvested resources to local cities. I had to use a broker slot for that.

I'm thinking I need to wait for the station's hold to fill up before it will send. There's room for 2.5 mil there, I'll find that out soon.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(07-19-2020, 12:34 PM)Greydog Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 08:42 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Stations will automatically fetch fuel from cities in the system at some interval

This one was not taking fuel. I had to write that into the mission orders.

I don't know how often this refuel interval is, but it is likely not often enough for big harvest operations. So yes set a mission order to buy fuel from the cities in the system.

Like I said. Use a mission order to sell the commodities to the cities in the system.
Then you can use a broker in one of the cities send shipments.

The space station's own shipments are only really needed for space stations in systems without any cities. But those stations need to be self-sufficient by also harvesting hydrogen.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo