Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage
(05-30-2020, 02:45 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: The designer just needs a check that the output of a single run will fit into building's storage under any possible circumstances.
And preferably more than once.

Sound like a weird thing to try and do. Some manufacturing processes have a high amount of output, biggest example I can think of is Paper Mill outputting 250 ParcX Boxes per workshop per run, that would mean that ALL generic factory buildings need to have room for a lot of storage per workshop.

Solar Power Plant and Wind Power Plant have their output dependent on orbit zone, so they would have to have a much bigger minimum size too.

Not to mention all building blueprints becoming invalid every time a new manufacturing process is added that produce bigger outputs.

But I have plenty of beefs with the building blueprints and the way their volume allocation works.
See: (Idea thread) Building Blueprint Simplification
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Last issue I had was a factory that only had space for 350 units
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(05-30-2020, 03:19 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Sound like a weird thing to try and do. Some manufacturing processes have a high amount of output, biggest example I can think of is Paper Mill outputting 250 ParcX Boxes per workshop per run, that would mean that ALL generic factory buildings need to have room for a lot of storage per workshop.

In this case, the building will need to hold at least 250 units (with some extra space). One output of one production line.

This will be enough to prevent situations like this one.
If a buildings production line limit is set to 0 (infinite) it can fill up it's inventory/storage to the point where it can't create any more goods, at this point the production line will stop mining with the "Inventory Full" tag.

*However, this tag never gets cleared when goods are removed from the buildings inventory, so you can have eg a mine with nothing in it, and the production line still not producing due to "Inventory Full". *

This can bring your whole economy to a grinding halt.
This does not appear to be a problem if you set a limit below the buildings storage limit.
I'm suprised more people are not complaining about this. it's kind of screwing my economy over.
fore example,
I have a habiltible world that is making electronic products.
The world has low quality minerals, so I've only got one small mine on the mineral source near the city, this mine has 306 storage.
so I set it to only stock 300 units.
however after being at an inferno planet, trying to build a new colony, I'm suddenly stuck without electrical parts. again.
so back at the Habitible world and looking at the mine again:
it's got 7 'workshops' mining minerals, so it mines 250 so it hits the maximum amount the mine can store even though Ive restricted the storage.
I have to set the storage to ~50 or it'll get stuck again.
I haven't complained because it hasn't happened to me. My production lines that get "inventory full" continue to produce once the inventory is not full. Maybe it affects people inconsistently?
That's very strange, mine get stuck at full and stop producing and stay stopped even when the inventory has been compleatly cleared, either by the industry taking items or by the avatar taking or dumping them.
(09-09-2020, 11:26 PM)se5a Wrote: That's very strange, mine get stuck at full and stop producing and stay stopped even when the inventory has been compleatly cleared, either by the industry taking items or by the avatar taking or dumping them.

The "inventory full" isn't a flag, it is the result of a check on the building's inventory to see if there is enough room to store the full production result.

Are you sure the production is running? You didn't maybe change the minimum quality setting? Or have the resource input suddenly drop below the minimum quality?

Toss me a name of the city and which building, then I can at least check if it is anything obvious.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
it's probably related to this: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...ht=storage

I've not been creating new production and havn't gotten around to testing it more.
the minimum quality was 0, it's happened on several types of buildings. yes it was running. even running it manually still came up with inventory full.
Having the same issue here. All power plants I built on a colony refuse to produce electricity because "inventory full", even though the reserves are almost empty and all the processes that require electricity are failing to run. Yes, there's enough battery in the city, and I've tried multiple different power plant types like hydrogen and nuclear and all are failing. This makes it impossible to create colonies
What even