Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage
I have a refinery building with 512 workshops all set to produce Hydrogen. The building has a storage capacity of 256,031. Because the output of those 512 workshops would exceed the storage, the entire output is discarded and the building ceases to function, despite having zero commodities stored
[Image: YnSKjzM.png]
[Image: VF8eZPp.png]
What even
The manufacturing process is likely making more than the storage can hold. Try lowering the number of workshops.

This is like duplicate of a number of bug reports related to manufacturing processes.
First being output amount calculation is wrong: Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses)
Second being about buildings with too small storage will report as "full inventory": Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage (merged with this though)
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(03-28-2023, 03:31 PM)Deantwo Wrote: First being output amount calculation is wrong: Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses)

Using the formula from the thread, 512 workshops with 1 bonus (Computers), will result in an output of 534'528, which is more than double what the building can hold.

Code:
[ (Output * Shops) + (1 * NumOfBonuses * Shops ^ 2) ] * 2
[ (10 * 512) + (1 * 1 * 512 ^ 2) ] * 2
= 534528
(03-28-2023, 03:31 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The manufacturing process is likely making more than the storage can hold. Try lowering the number of workshops.

Yes, this is the reason, as I said with the output exceeding the storage
What even
(03-28-2023, 09:09 PM)Celarious Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:31 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The manufacturing process is likely making more than the storage can hold. Try lowering the number of workshops.

Then why make a new separate bug report about a double issue? Want me to merge this with the Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage thread? EDIT: Merged.

This all wouldn't be as big an issue if Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses) was fixed though.
(03-28-2023, 09:13 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 09:09 PM)Celarious Wrote:

Then why make a new separate bug report about a double issue? Want me to merge this with the Processes don't output if a single run exceeds storage thread?

This all wouldn't be as big an issue if Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses) was fixed though.
Sure, prob better to have one big thread, didn't see it before creating

and yeah would be nice if the bonus was fixed
What even
(05-29-2020, 04:50 PM)Haxus Wrote: This is not a bug. It prevents a building from wasting materials by manufacturing more than it can store. The excess is then lost.

When the process has no room to store the output, it runs again without consuming more materials. Eventually there is room to store the output.

This only matters for manufacturing processes that actually consume materials though. But as mentioned earlier, having the process itself calculate how many workshops is causing it to exceed and then return the materials for those, would be the best solution.

But as just mentioned in my post above. This issue is mostly only noticeable because of the bug that causes output to be way too high. Fix that and this issue will stop being noticeable for 90% of cases.
See: (Bug report) Production bonuses apply twice per shop (Exponential bonuses)