Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crew sometimes can't path to station

I found that even in easy pathing scenarios my crew members have trouble pathing to their console stations, stopping in front of the station but not close enough to get in (if I manually order the unit to move more forwards, they can get in the station). I suspect it has to do with my species walking on all limbs, because I notice that when I enter a station myself, it's not enough for my camera position to be in the console station, I have to walk a few steps more forward so that the station is inside the middle of my body. When I manually positions units through orders, they seem to stop so that the movement marker is around their head position, and I have to place the movement order past the station for the unit to get close enough to the station to enter it. I feel that this matches the same conditions that I need to enter a station with my avatar, and that the large footprint or maybe the large horizontal distance between head and torso is causing crew to sometimes not get close enough to the station before entering it.

My avatar has ID HOIOPB, it has the same DNA as the crewmembers I have trouble with. The ship blueprint number is 511603. It has one large mostly-convex room void and as far as I can tell should not be a problem for pathing.

Here is a screenshot of a situation where a crew member could not path to the station. Sometimes more crewmembers have trouble getting to their station, but I got lucky this time.
[Image: pathing.jpg]