Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-05-22 Navigator Fail, Warp Signature, Module Repair and Upgrade

(05-22-2020, 10:52 PM)Haxus Wrote: Navigator Fail
If I issue a travel direct to solar system order, sometimes the ship just sits and wiggles.

Navigator now plots course correctly to all destination solar systems.

Travel direct to system coordinates menu option removed from an otherwise crowded menu. That item was there to work around this problem, as it let you order the ship to the precise galaxy coords of the desired solar system. It is no longer needed because the coordinate is embedded in the travel direct to system order.

I got excited when I read this, because most of travel between my planets involve doing a series of 'direct to coordinate' orders until I'm close enough to issue a direct to system order.

I am sad to say the issue still exists.

Proof. Witness it in all its wiggling glory.

---
Some additional info about the very reproducible bug:

The wiggling issue only happens when a system is out of a certain range (like 2-3 sectors + I have noticed?)
Basically, if the system is not appearing in the list below, then it's too far and your ship is just going to wiggle:
[Image: 7Gd5kBu.png]
This has been the case for a long time now, and still is it would appear. Travel direct to coordinates was the only workaround I could find.

Hope that helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-05-22 Navigator Fail, Warp Signature, Module Repair and Upgrade - by Mal - 05-23-2020, 12:27 PM