Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-05-22 Navigator Fail, Warp Signature, Module Repair and Upgrade

(05-22-2020, 10:52 PM)Haxus Wrote: Manual System Upgrade
Still can't seem to manually upgrade my ship sadly >_

Fixed bugs and made improvements:
  • Removal of last system component now reports that it was the last component to be removed.
  • Fixed hit points overflow error that caused big strange numbers after removing a few modules.
  • Fixed a bug that broke the module type when upgrading a module by hand.
  • Damage report now shows No Module when all system modules are removed.
  • Damage report status icon is now grey when all system modules are removed.
  • First new module installed into a system with no modules changes the module type for the system. That is how you manually change a wormhole drive into a warp drive.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the system module type to change by manually installing any new module, even if all previous modules were not removed first. You could remove one module and install a different one to change the type of any system, though the system was hopelessly broken after that.
  • If the damage report for your ship shows a requirement for more than one kind of module for an FTL drive, you may not be able to fix it. Tell me the name of the ship and I will fix it.

I was able to change the type of my FTL drive now. Cheers!
Of course as you mentioned, the ship says it needs way more modules then it should. Can you fix that? Or can Lightspeed? It is Deantwo's ship.

It does however still feel a little weird to change the type using a tool. When a subsystem is in the "no module" state, it would make more since that we would have to use an actual module on the subsystem in order to change it, or else we will not have control over which module from our inventory is used. After the type is changed a module would be used as normal.

Actually you could just make it so we could install/repair modules with a module from our hand, it would only install that one module so a tool is way faster, but it would make it more consistent and allow for quick installation of couple replacement modules even without a tool.

PS: I was able to use the power relay station to redirect power from my weapon bay subsystem to my FTL drive and get it online. It might be because the FTL drive's health is still rolled over, so if a subsystem's health can no longer rollover this isn't an issue worth fixing.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-05-22 Navigator Fail, Warp Signature, Module Repair and Upgrade - by Deantwo - 05-23-2020, 10:28 AM