Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-05-18 Star Map Scan, Observatory Report
Star Map Scan
I scanned a solar system and the star map doesn't show it as scanned.

Fixed an error that caused solar systems to stop being flagged as explored by an empire.

Observatory Report
Star map observatory report sometimes works; sometimes responds with nothing at all.

Fixed a data error when sending info about solar systems that were only observed, not explored or scanned.

Building Trash Limit
Building has an option to trash inventory but it imposes a limit of 100 units at a time. This is impractical when trying to trash hundreds of thousands of units of something.

Eliminated trash limit at buildings.

Server Deadlock
A server deadlocked.

Fixed the error that caused the server deadlock.

Server Monitor
Server monitor program needs to check for more deadlock situations. Etherium changes make it possible for some deadlocks to go undetected by current server monitor query.

Added checks to the server monitor program to test for deadlocks on some globally accessed data.
Thanks for the fast response on the trash limit issue. When I logged back in, it still seems to be half there.

Any number above 100 will still only trash up to 100 items.

My two other challenges now are:
- The limit is now what is in stock, but I would like to just hold '9' for a second and then trash everything, even if the number is higher than the quantity in stock.
- The typing cursor is taken out of the 'amount' field when any quantity at the building updates, so I need to be fast and precise.

I do have a workaround for the time being, so I'm fine with waiting for the next client version.
(05-19-2020, 12:53 AM)Vhwatgoes Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Haxus Wrote: Building Trash Limit
Building has an option to trash inventory but it imposes a limit of 100 units at a time. This is impractical when trying to trash hundreds of thousands of units of something.

Thanks for the fast response on the trash limit issue. When I logged back in, it still seems to be half there.

Any number above 100 will still only trash up to 100 items.

I think a better solution would be to simply have the trash button always just trash the whole stack. I can't think of a single reason to only trash some of a bad quality commodity, I either want it all gone or to keep it all.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(05-19-2020, 04:53 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 12:53 AM)Vhwatgoes Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Haxus Wrote: Building Trash Limit

Not quite fixed

I think a better solution would be to simply have the trash button always just trash the whole stack. I can't think of a single reason to only trash some of a bad quality commodity, I either want it all gone or to keep it all.

That would make a lot of sense, and is probably easiest.
(05-19-2020, 12:15 AM)Haxus Wrote: Server Monitor
Server monitor program needs to check for more deadlock situations. Etherium changes make it possible for some deadlocks to go undetected by current server monitor query.

Added checks to the server monitor program to test for deadlocks on some globally accessed data.

Would it maybe be possible to add a small tracker on hazeron.com/status.php?
Just a simple number of servers that are down/crashed/unresponsive. It would help us know more clearly what is going on when we can't login.
I understand if this is more information than you want to make public.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo