Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ordnance Window for Weapon Bay doesn't work from Captain's Chair
Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but:

I had a variety of missiles (no rockets though) in my hold but could not see them in the F5 ordnance tab at the command station

However, when I went to the actual fire control station for the launcher bay, they were there. After that I was able to see the ordnance from the command station

Emperor Bludragon KOUGW

Hope I got everything...
(05-12-2020, 10:22 PM)Bludragon Wrote: I had a variety of missiles (no rockets though) in my hold but could not see them in the F5 ordnance tab at the command station

Does your ship have multiple weapon/harvester bays? Which bay did you have selected on the command chair's fire control console?
The fire control console at the command chair has the added bonus of allowing you to access all the bays. I believe it is somehow random which bay is selected when you pull up the fire control console on the command chair.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
It took me a bit to figure out which station was the launcher window but once I figured it out I still couldn’t see the ordnance, not until i found the actual station (wasn’t easy, i also have 4 harvester bays). I could see the actual launcher dialog window, just with nothing in it.
Bug 
Cant select ordnance for energy weapon bays for any spacecraft, ordnance window looks like this with the fire control console selected:
 [Image: 7uxaJnh.png]

And yet there are beam lenses in the hold:
[Image: hT866ob.png]
(03-19-2022, 09:21 PM)QuakeIV Wrote: Cant select ordnance for energy weapon bays for any spacecraft, ordnance window looks like this with the fire control console selected:

And yet there are beam lenses in the hold:

Posting so others know, I think it got resolved for you on the discord though.
You cannot load ordnance using the captain's chair. You have to be sitting in the fire control console. This may indeed be a bug, or WAI, but that is how to load ordnance for ship systems.
It appears that the fire control station for that specific weapon system (but not any other fire control consoles) will let you select ordnance, the view above still happened but after a couple of relogs I was able to select ordnance and then proceed to use the weapon system.

Its worth noting another oddity is on the console the weapon system was showing up as 86, but it shows as 85 in the design. The capacitor usage bar was also not displaying correctly, although the capacitor was decremented by the appropriate amount when fired and the weapon appeared to deal full damage.
I can load a weapons bay from the captains chair if it is the only fire control station. If there are more than one then the issue reported here becomes apparent.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!