Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-05-12 System Map
System Map
Avatar position is not correct on the solar system map because orbital tilt is not represented. System map needs to tilt the orbits.

Solar system map now applies the appropriate tilt when drawing planets and rings.

The solar system map can now be rotated with the mouse, using right button click and drag. This is indicated on a tool tip. A button at the top left restores the scene to the original top down view.

Lunar orbits are now drawn on the system map, when scene magnification is high enough.

Ships Spawning Neutral
There is still a bug somewhere that permits spacecraft to be manufactured with no empire.

Fixed.

Airport Mesh
The default airport terminal blueprint 2005, has a rogue mesh that is off the site and in the air.

Fixed. Will republish after the servers restart.

The airport blueprints that are distributed as .SoH files were updated.

Crew Transfer Bug
Transfer of crew requires them to be in the scene to appear on the Cargo Transfer UI. This is a problem when transferring crew from a very large ship, where some of the crew are too far away to be in the scene.

Crew transfer no longer requires them to be in the scene. The information is acquired a different way.

Indigenous Enemy
Indigenous should have a different color than red/enemy.

There are political stance colors that are different for civilians vs military. They were only used in one place, when highlighting units in top down view. I expanded the use of those colors to more different places where political stance is indicated with color.

I also updated the wiki here http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Diplomacy

Wiki Button
A better connection to the wiki would be helpful.

Many windows now have a wiki button on the title bar. The button opens an appropriate topic in the wiki, using your browser.

Noob Teleport Nerf
Noob teleport should be removed.

Noob teleport was removed.
Awesome! This is really cool!
(05-12-2020, 02:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: System Map
Avatar position is not correct on the solar system map because orbital tilt is not represented. System map needs to tilt the orbits.

Solar system map now applies the appropriate tilt when drawing planets and rings.

The solar system map can now be rotated with the mouse, using right button click and drag. This is indicated on a tool tip. A button at the top left restores the scene to the original top down view.

Lunar orbits are now drawn on the system map, when scene magnification is high enough.

Would it be horrible to ask for an option to flatten the map? Sure current location indicator wouldn't work correctly, but a flattened system is just just and easy to read.

(05-12-2020, 02:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Indigenous Enemy
Indigenous should have a different color than red/enemy.

There are political stance colors that are different for civilians vs military. They were only used in one place, when highlighting units in top down view. I expanded the use of those colors to more different places where political stance is indicated with color.

I also updated the wiki here http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Diplomacy
[Image: PoliticalStanceColors.png]

I am not sure I like the idea of civilian units with a Friend diplomacy stance showing as yellow. Maybe something like a teal color would be better.
Yellow is more of a "unsure" or "weary" color in common diplomacy games. probably better for Neutral or less would be more appropriate.

Not sure about the civilian Neutral color either.

On the topic of diplomatic stances, I would love a new diplomatic stance level between Neutral and Enemy. Just to allow players to better communicate a distrusting/unsure stance, but without seeming hostile. Probably where I would toss the yellow color too.

(05-12-2020, 02:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Wiki Button
A better connection to the wiki would be helpful.

Many windows now have a wiki button on the title bar. The button opens an appropriate topic in the wiki, using your browser.

Ooh nice! Guess we need to get some of the more basic wiki pages done.
I know some of the main windows don't have actual pages dedicated to them yet.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I like the changes thank you Haxus

I have to agree on the civilian friend color, yellow does impart a sense of wariness, perhaps a teal (or bluer green?) would be better...