Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport

I don't really think "noob teleport" adds anything. Mainly because new players won't know about it unless they read this update. They will place a building before they think to right-click the map, and then it is too late.

So I would mostly way that it is a complication that is not very well communicated and is lost before a new player would learn about it.

Also the idea of it being something you just right-click on the map, it is weird. It is literally just an admin power being given to new avatars in the short time before they start building a city.

A better way of implementing "noob teleport" would be with the villagers. Add a new villager, caravan manager or something, and have talking with them give an option to move to somewhere else on the world. It should move the entire village too, so the respawn point will also be at the teleport destination. And it could even be useful for non-new avatars that way, as there isn't really a need to limit it to .

Visually it could be made as entering a vehicle and being transported quickly to the location, nice fast-travel instead of instant teleportation. Of course that would make it harder to implement.

The biggest issue I really see is not having an easy way to pick a destination using the communication window. Maybe I guess the villager could just suggest a few locations or something. Not like we need teleportation to exact locations, just near enough that we can walk there within reasonable time and have out respawn point not be too far away.
Destination options like "near the mountain of x", "the eastern continent", "the southern isles", or even "near the world's biggest city".

Further iteration of the feature could be applied to airports, asking a pilot to fly us to another airport on the world or in the solar system. Or even subway train stations. We are missing some non-spacecraft travel options like that that don't require piloting skills.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Haxus - 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: 2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Deantwo - 05-06-2020, 04:54 PM