Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport

(05-06-2020, 04:49 AM)Norway174 Wrote: I remember when I first started my city in the last universe, where I sailed across an entire ocean, in the search of a perfect place to build my capital.
It was fun, and engaging. (And a times a little frustrating.) But it made the whole city feel much more of an accomplishment once I was settled in.

Tbh I disagree entirely....to me searching for the perfect place to setup my first city didn't add anything to the player experience beyond boredom and frustration. I'm fine with worlds being so big (I like that, makes them feel like actual planets), but forcing new players to either "Suck it up" and settle there and then, or waste hours of their gametime for no game advantage beyond "oh hey look at my pretty city setting!".

Like yes, people COULD teleport around checking resource qualities of the different zones and determine the best zone to settle. But thats not really a massive advantage imo, if they settled in zone 1 where there was like Q55 ore, and had zone 3 with Q200, if they could TP around to figure that out it would save them 30 minutes of setting up a new city later on thats all. But lets face it, brand new players to the game won't even know about the difference between Q1 and Q255 resources, let alone that they could optimise by teleporting around and foraging, that would be a benefit to existing / returning players only. For brand new players it lets them explore their homeworld, see what the game has to offer, maybe they find a really cool site for a city and start building.

It also empowers people (new and returning and existing) to create cool(er) cities with awesome backdrops, that they might want to show off on forums, facebook, IG, Twitter etc. If I started a new empire...would I spend the 2 hours again hunting for a cool city location? Its highly unlikely, I'd probably just settle where I start, because I cba to invest that amount of time for no material gain in the game experience, the main reason I did this time is because the waypoints on the map were new from the last time I played so as a returning player was curious.

But what potential opportunities do you miss out on in being forced to either settle there and then, or walk or fly for hours on end hunting for a nice city? Death? Starvation? Boredom? The map already outlines points of interest that might look cool anyway, and 50% of the time it will be too dark to see any of the environment as you walk to those points. Imo being forced to spend the hours walking to these points of interest the map has highlighted is just a waste of time and doesn't yield any real player experiences.

So I totally disagree that its a cheap escape. It gets players (especially brand new players) into the game faster, allows them to see their world and what the game offers faster. And encourages players to take a little time to setup a city in an area they think is really cool which they might later want to show off.

Messages In This Thread
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Haxus - 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: 2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by NeoKuro - 05-06-2020, 12:58 PM