Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport

What if...

(04-29-2020, 10:59 PM)Haxus Wrote: The "new" state of an avatar is cleared when any of these things happens:
  • The avatar stands at a building site.
  • The avatar stands inside a spacecraft.
  • The avatar boards a vehicle.
  • The avatar accepts a berth aboard a spacecraft.
  • The avatar has teleported at least once.

So that way, you can only teleport once. If you were to spawn either in the dark side. Or on a tiny island, or somewhere you didn't like it.

Of course, that also brings with it the risk of someone teleporting somewhere they didn't like.
Which there's a few options for:
  • Suck it up. That's risk vs. consequences.
  • Walk / run / fly.
  • Find a new world. (Maybe this would grant one new teleport for the new world?)
  • Craft a boat / or swim. (In case of teleporting to an island.)
  • Contact an Agent for help. (In case of a bug.)
  • Contact another empire.
If this idea is received badly, then I'm probably leaning more towards just removing TP as well. As seems to be the general consensus in this thread. As it does seem to negate some other gameplayer parts.

I remember when I first started my city in the last universe, where I sailed across an entire ocean, in the search of a perfect place to build my capital.
It was fun, and engaging. (And a times a little frustrating.) But it made the whole city feel much more of an accomplishment once I was settled in.

Obviously, I don't wanna force people to go trough what I did. But I feel like it might be a cheap escape, to get anywhere, and miss out on those potential opportunities.

Whereas, if you get one teleport. It's like a gamble. Do you stick with what you got. Or do you take the chance at something better? Or in some situations, if your spawn is really terrible. It could be a tool. One freebie to get somewhere better.

Messages In This Thread
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Haxus - 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: 2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Norway174 - 05-06-2020, 04:49 AM