Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Asteroid Belts cause huge performance issues

Merged a duplicate bug report thread into this one, renamed the thread to actually mention the cause.

We have more reports of people affected by this. But it still only seem to affect some players. Maybe it has to do with hardware or GPU brand.

A option in scene settings to stop rendering asteroid belts would be useful, even if it just hides the issue. It have it replace the current asteroid ring effect with something similar to planetary ring effect maybe.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Found a solar system to colonize problem is it has 2 asteroid belts so my fps tanks from around like 40 to 3

Am experiencing this in Hazeron Starship, usually I get a smooth 60fps in space but in some specific systems like this, it drops to like 12fps even in deep space

It does seem to also have planetoids at a large radius and an asteroid belt:
[Image: ORXgwYJ.png]

I thought it might be caused by the star but given the other posts in this thread, the planetoids seem like a more likely cause

Edit: Can confirm switch b26 "worlds" in program settings fixes this, so it seems to be an issue with rendering of planetoids or maybe even another planet
Edit 2: The system in the screenshot has no buildings, cities, flags or anything, and most of the orbital bodies haven't been visited at all, so no animals would've spawned either
What even

2023-03-15 Refinery, Asteroids, Shipments, Avatar Page Return, Atoms Stop Processing
(03-15-2023, 10:41 PM)Haxus Wrote: Asteroid Belt FPS Issues
Asteroid belt causes FPS issues.

A scene setting was added to adjust the asteroid density, from 0% to 100%. This controls the number of asteroid rocks rendered to show the belt.

That should at least mitigate the issue for now.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Scene option was added to alleviate this in latest update
What even