Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Asteroid Belts cause huge performance issues

(10-05-2020, 06:03 PM)Zik_Cortes Wrote: but it's enough for system to have rings, to make it crawl at very low FPS.

(10-06-2020, 08:58 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Yes, it looks like ring is a culprit.

I am assuming you are both talking about "Asteroid Belts", not "Planetary Rings", right?

I pointed out earlier in this thread that the asteroid belts were the only thing I noticed that might cause this.
And that is my main suspicion too.
(08-18-2020, 05:37 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Only real thing I noticed was that there are two asteroid belts in the solar system, not too far from the habitable world too.

I reported this thread to be moved to the bug report section. Hopefully Haxus will do that when he looks at the forum next.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

So I've noticed now that it seems certain star system layouts/loadouts cause massive lag. 

For me it seems to be systems that have planetoids with a very large orbit radius. I have no problems with any other systems.
Example, binary stars with planetoids in both stars sphere of influence, no issues. 

(Not complaining Wink ), Just reporting my experience so far. 

Pic below brings my fps to its knees 

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-Fbwrv993-Qq.png]

PC Specs. 
Intel i7-4770k
Radeon Vega 64 - 8GB VRAM
32GB Ram 
Windows 10 Pro - 2004 Edition
All hard drives are - CT500MX500SSD1

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Yeah it seems that asteroid belts can cause some performance issues. Some players are affected more than others, but I don't know specifics.

See also: (Bug report) 7 FPS? (Now merged with this.)

I have same problem with asteroid belts. Turning on B21 or B22 in settings>program solves this problem, but prevents all planets and even spaceships from rendering.

(04-12-2021, 06:31 AM)Zorik5720389 Wrote: I have same problem with asteroid belts. Turning on B21 or B22 in settings>program solves this problem, but prevents all planets and even spaceships from rendering.

^ Still nice to know at least. 

Quote:Deantwo

Yeah it seems that asteroid belts can cause some performance issues. Some players are affected more from them than others, but I don't know specifics.

See also: (Bug report) 7 FPS?

How could I forget about the thread with the pizza box computer. Ok yeah looks like very similar issues. 

I've noticed it might specifically be a graphics memory leak. I say this because my VRAM is completely consumed when it happens.

Hello.

Recently I noticed that hazeron sometimes is causing very high GPU loads.

I wasnt yet able to narrow it down what is causing it. For a brief second today i thought it was connected to warping. But warping on another ship doesnt seem to make the load rise.

By high GPU loads I mean like 90-98% on a RTX 2080.

Maybe someone else noticed that aswell and can provide informations when it occured to them.

Greetings

edit: It seems to be worse on some planets than others.

There were reports of asteroid belts reducing FPS a lot back at the end of the previous universe.
Do the problem worlds have an asteroid belt in their solar system? Check the System Map.

It doesnt seem to be triggered only by rings.

Im in a system rn that has a ring but load doesnt occur.

(04-03-2022, 09:45 AM)Toastbrewt Wrote: It doesnt seem to be triggered only by rings.

When you say "ring", what do you mean?
A planetary ring is not the same as an asteroid belt.

See: https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Planetary_Ring
And: https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Asteroid_Belt

Ah, i was talking about planetary rings.

Need to check if load occures if there is an asteroid belt.

edit: Ok, i checked it and it seems to be indeed linked to solar systems with asteroid belts. 2 systems checked, both high load. Returning to a non asteroid belt system and the load dropped.