Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-03 Etherium Fixes
Etherium Fixes
A number of things got broken by the etherium change.

I am fixing them as fast as I can. Things are beginning to smooth out. Here are some specific bugs that were fixed in this update.
  • Delete buildings or any atom from the scene and it does not disappear. Fixed scene removal of atoms; client update required.
  • Vehicle factory does not make vehicles. Fixed initial placement of new vehicles.
  • Database update of atoms no longer thread safe. Fixed construction of atom update transaction; it is much more efficient now, eliminating a time consuming step.
  • Client sometimes receives a child atom before its parent; this causes problems. Fixed broken scene atom parent; client update required.
  • System scans are blank. Fixed; client update required.
The client update is still building. It does not have to be synchronous with the server update so I am updating the servers right away.
  • Win64 update posted
  • MacOS updates posted
  • Manjaro update posted
  • Win32 update posted
  • Ubuntu update posted
  • Mint update posted
  • Debian update posted
Thanks for the update. Will this fix system scans/exporting the starmap?
System scans are fixed. I updated the opening post. I'll check the starmap exporter.
Most annoying right now is the 90° tilt of my avatar when exiting a space rocket. Amoug other causes, but the space rocket is the easiest to reproduce.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Someone asked what an atom is, in the context of SoH.

In my programming vernacular, an atom is a C++ object that has a position in the universe.

The position is more than just a 3D Cartesian coordinate. That would be too much for game-play precision using 64 bit floating point numbers, which are limited to about 15 digits of accuracy.

Not all atoms are subject to physics. For example, the universe, galaxy, sector and solar system atoms are not affected by gravity or other physics.

Other atoms operate using physics formulae relevant to their role in the universe. For example, worlds orbit using completely different calculations than objects floating freely in a solar system, pulled by gravity.
(04-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Haxus Wrote: Someone asked what an atom is, in the context of SoH.

Because I can: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Atom
I might update the page more once I am fully awake.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Is it intended for ships build time to take vertices number into account ?
The same ship with a complexe hull (like the Normandy) take much more time to build than with a cubic hull of the same volume.
Starmap exporter still seems broken for me.
(04-04-2020, 11:51 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Is it intended for ships build time to take vertices number into account ?
The same ship with a complexe hull (like the Normandy) take much more time to build than with a cubic hull of the same volume.

Do these two ships have identical module configurations?  Number of system modules also matters.
(04-04-2020, 02:49 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 11:51 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Is it intended for ships build time to take vertices number into account ?

Do these two ships have identical module configurations?  Number of system modules also matters.
Yep.
I replaced the original hull with a cube being the same calculated volume.