Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unable to start game: "failed to link shader"
SoH doesn't work on my laptop, whenever I start it I get multiple error popups saying "failed to link x shader. This is a critical error. Program must abort" where x is a different name (I guess a different errored shader), like "Animal", "AnimalClothing", "Flag" or "Flora" (by the way those error popups are really annoying, I have to close them all before finally being able to close the game).

The same happens when opening the design studio.
However hazeron commander works well. So I thought it was something linked to OpenGL since hazeron commander is basically SoH without OpenGL (if I understood correctly) and I don't have a GPU on this computer.

Based on intel specs my CPU can handle OpenGL 4.4, and according to this page SoH needs 3.2, so is that it? Or are OpenGL versions retrocompatible? In that case may that be some kind of drivers problem?  :s
Oh been awhile since we had this error.

Ensure you aren't using your laptop's internal Intel GPU, assuming your laptop have two GPUs.
See: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Issues

It is unlikely, but toggling the "shader array index" option in scene settings might help.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Well toggling shader index thing did nothing, but disabling everything and setting graphical options to the minimum did it, yay!

Also this sentence in the wiki "The normal integrated Intel GPU cannot run Shores of Hazeron. " is wrong, it works now and I've been able to make it work previously on older laptops without GPU :P
(03-11-2020, 12:41 PM)StarOri Wrote: Also this sentence in the wiki "The normal integrated Intel GPU cannot run Shores of Hazeron. " is wrong, it works now and I've been able to make it work previously on older laptops without GPU :P

If you didn't have a GPU, you wouldn't be able to run your operating system. An integrated GPU is still a GPU.
Those integrated laptop GPUs didn't used to be good enough to run Hazeron, but yeah I remember something about them being updated or something.

Either way, if your laptop only has an integrated GPU, you will likely be stuck on those low settings.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(03-11-2020, 12:48 PM)Deantwo Wrote: you will likely be stuck on those low settings.

Don't worry, I don't need to run Shores of Hazeron at 4k 144Hz to take your cities 
Cool
>I have openGl errors
>Dude you have an os, then you have a GPU, then you can start hazeron

Thanks for the help
[Image: unknown.png]