Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-03-12 Vehicle Overrun - Server Update Only
Vehicle Overrun
Servers started crashing a few days ago for inexplicable reasons.

Talk about getting eaten alive by a bug I didn't even know existed.

Servers started crashing due to extreme sluggishness induced by thousands of vehicles accumulating at buildings that fetch vehicles. Memory objects may have been destroyed while threads were chugging through their data. I will put some work into preventing that situation.

The extreme accumulation of vehicles was traced to an autoparking function that was not being executed on vehicles in buildings. It only worked on vehicles in spacecraft.

I manually deleted the obvious overruns, eliminating about 65k vehicles from the database.

Buildings will now remove excess new vehicles when it is time to fetch vehicles, if their total vehicle count is too high. This will clean up the excess.

The autopark function should work properly now. This positions new vehicles in their parking spot so the spot will no longer report as unoccupied.
(03-12-2020, 03:23 PM)Haxus Wrote: Buildings will now remove excess new vehicles when it is time to fetch vehicles, if their total vehicle count is too high. This will clean up the excess.

Will it also work with building we don't see fetch like cantina, retail store? Some of them have parking spot.
Yes. That is where the problem was. Buildings filling parking spots.
Unfortunately the mysterious crash has not gone away. I'll be working on this until it is done.
I also added a week of time to all active accounts, to make up for the disruptions this week.
(03-12-2020, 03:44 PM)Haxus Wrote: I also added a week of time to all active accounts, to make up for the disruptions this week.
Cool :)

But the up-date seem to have broken something else. After day of travel i was just move to the centre of the galaxies with my ship. Other ship seem to be fine. I don't under stand what happen but the ship could not had go back there on is on it is too fat to be travel in one night and i don't believe i could done it with the fuel I had any ways. It is the same ship you save form being stuck between 2 system.

I you want more info ask me in private i don't want to tell the galaxy on public channel.

Edit: I just check the mail. It can confirm it. I have the screen shoot ready if you need them.
Vehicle overlap wasnt fully fixed. There is one more thing to look at. After sync update vehicles started to spawn half in ground (or fall partially thorugh ground). Probably buildings count such vehicles as "moved from spawn point" and spawn another one. This could be pivot point or desync, i dunno
[Image: Screenshot-67.png]
Report or Exploit
Thank you.
(03-12-2020, 03:54 PM)Norm49 Wrote: But the up-date seem to have broken something else. After day of travel i was just move to the centre of the galaxies with my ship. Other ship seem to be fine. I don't under stand what happen but the ship could not had go back there on is on it is too fat to be travel in one night and i don't believe i could done it with the fuel I had any ways. It is the same ship you save form being stuck between 2 system.

I you want more info ask me in private i don't want to tell the galaxy on public channel.

Edit: I just check the mail. It can confirm it. I have the screen shoot ready if you need them.

Forget it Haxus ship is dead now :@