Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove EV Helmets

(03-09-2020, 09:18 PM)Tchou Wrote: My main point still applies, its just a matter of diversity. Lets take minecraft armor as an example then, why craft all the four items separately and not make a full set at once? It's exactly the same situation.
The game would be boring as fuck if you were to decomplexify everything.

Resources in Minecraft aren't an infinite waiting game. You have to find each any every single diamond yourself. You might not be able to make a full set of diamond armor in one go, so you will be making one armor piece at a time. You might have one piece of your diamond armor break and have to replace it with an iron piece until you have more diamonds. You might have enchantments on some piece of armor that makes it better than the diamond armor piece. You can wear a single piece of diamond armor and still get its main use out of it (damage protection). Your diamond armor pieces have value.

None of this is not the case in Hazeron. Resources are infinite, you just have to wait a little while after setting up production. You will never be able to make one piece of the EV suit without also being able to make the other (current bug excluded). You will always have access to either no EV suits, or more than you will ever need. All EV suits of the same type and condition (quality, durability, etc.) are interchangeable, you cant repair or enchant them. Mismatching different EV suit type pieces makes little sense, except for the proposed idea of mixing resistances (which hasn't been confirmed). Having only one piece of your EV suit on is pointless as it breaks the main function of the suit (harsh environment protection). Your EV suit is an easily replaceable commodity.

You can't compare Minecraft to Hazeron in that way. They are two totally different games.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Wew, it's like talking to a wall

I personaly never cared about the fact thats EV come in a two piece set... I mean why would it even ... 99% of the games on the market make it so that Helmet and torso are separate pieces of equipment.
Stats asides, its just how we was accustomed over decades of video gaming, so why even bother changing something that always worked ?
Way more things to work on.
Double amount of things to manufacture ? Come on, like everyone in Hazeron, you gonna set up your EV factory after 1 or 2h of play and never care about anymore as its just mass produce them, and until you empty your stock of 270 000 EV suits or helmets, im pretty sure you will be long gone.
You said it yourself, ressources in hazeron are infinite, so why even bothering with that

(03-09-2020, 07:08 PM)Xantheose Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 06:12 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Reason why helmets in their incarnation have to go is simple: it is two items that serve the same purpose, and you MUST have both to achieve the purpose.

…the two are required to protect from harsh environments.

Exactly. You have to have BOTH, or you don't need either. One is useless without another for the primary purpose of the item. It just creates an unnecessary maintenance overhead for the user.

(03-09-2020, 09:43 PM)Deantwo Wrote: You can't compare Minecraft to Hazeron in that way. They are two totally different games.

More importantly, in Minecraft, every piece of equipment have (or may have) its own unique value. Even more so in modded Minecraft.

I'm against it for two reason, because deantwo proposed it and for aesthetic reason, i don't like mixing ev helmet with another kind of ev armor

Your second reason is kind of why a separate helmet item is not necessary. There's not much reason to switch helmets that don't match the suit you have. Someone said that you can mix resistances, which does make sense... but do the different helmets actually provide different resistances?

There's no reason not to suggest minor changes like this, because it may or may not be a good idea from Haxus' perspective. I assume that's the point of this particular forum.

nah, i like separate armors and helmets

If it ain't broke don't fix it

There's plenty in this game that is broke ;)
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

They are 2 different ting because the real thing come in 2 separate part. That how it work every one in the universe is fine with this except Deantwo. That the worst idea i ever hear of. Haxus already have a lot of work stoop asking for totally pointless thing. If you don't want helmet you can go play Dora the explorer or go suffocate in space.

They are right Dean, I don't see any valid reason to delete the helmets right now. Maybe when the game will be in a more stable / complete state. For now there's things more important, like a proper Gen 4 creature set or a whole designer QoL changes. Not talking about fixes of all the numerous bugs, it's logical to fix them.