Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ships warping in the same sector collide
That a big game braking bug that should be on Haxus priority list.
At least it's not limbo
[Image: unknown.png]
I just lost two more as well.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
It's very consistent. I just lost two more...not too happy. This time, it happened when I had two ships both in warp in the same sector. I hailed one of them, and instantly got a loading screen.

><
So a new player complained of this happening to them recently and I haven't gotten a chance to test--can anyone confirm that this is still an issue? Bumping because this really ought to be fixed if that's the case.
I can confirm that this happened to me twice within the last 24 hours. It is repeatable, and it is definitely still a problem.
I am working on this problem.

This is reported as a collision between two spacecraft?

Do you get any mail reporting the collision?

Do you have the feeling the collision occurs at the departing end or the arriving end of the transition? That would help narrow things a lot.

Are you at the helm when it happens? NPC? Doesn't matter?

Does either vessel have shields up at the time?
I have not found a definite cause for this problem yet, am still looking.

Today a new server update was posted with some slight changes to try eliminating the problem, based on some "what if" scenarios.
(05-14-2020, 10:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: I am working on this problem.

This is reported as a collision between two spacecraft?

Do you get any mail reporting the collision?

Do you have the feeling the collision occurs at the departing end or the arriving end of the transition? That would help narrow things a lot.

Are you at the helm when it happens? NPC? Doesn't matter?

Does either vessel have shields up at the time?

1. Yes

2. Yes: Attached

3: Arriving, it is odd in that it doesn't kill the avatar if they have an EV suit on.

4. NPC, haven't tried it with myself at the helm

5. One incident was a yes, one incident was a no.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Avatars are almost always thrown clear of exploding spacecraft. The amount of damage they receive is rarely enough to kill them outright.

I also just made a change so that your helmet visor is automatically closed for you when you are thrown from an exploding ship. People who are off line at the time might appreciate that.