Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-02-28 Unverse Restarted
Some bugs I've noticed over the last 2 days:
- The blueprint webpage has the wrong pictures and links on several spaceships, if you open the bugged ships you get the page for whatever is erroneously shown. The Badger I spaceship for example shows a picture of my airport and if you open the Badger I link you get the page for the building, even though it is Empire only and shouldn't have a page at all.

- I created a new avatar and spawned on a planet without an atmosphere, so I got immedeately murderized by vakuum (the next planet I re-spawned on was okay). Avatar is Cyroth XATW, just in case this helps you figure things out.

- My pilot refuses to approach the 2 asteroids my home system has in its belt, though that might also be because of the ridicliously fast rotation (the faster spinning one makes a full rota every one to two seconds, I think). I told him to orbit and he just stops a few thousand kilometers out.

- Game client closes when a building is finished near me or when I exit the in-game design studio. No error message, no "stopped responding", it just closes. (And no, I'm not pushing the wrong button in the studio. :P )
Deltova - Havenite Shipyards
(02-29-2020, 01:02 AM)Haxus Wrote: It is due to the instant geosyncronous orbit as you enter the zone of the planetoid. It might help if the zone was larger.

Making it larger sound horrifying. Just means there is even bigger chance of you accidentally entering its gravity-well while passing through an asteroid belt.

An alternative solution would be to make the planetoids simple orbit the star a lot slower. You ship wouldn't have to catch-up to the planetoid and could approach at a slower speed and thereby not get totally flung away when it enters the gravity-well.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
1. It would probably be worth changing leaderboard endpoint, right now it says "2015".
2. The game is very unresponsive to me. Controls not registering, changing cursor mode takes 3-5 clicks, same for going overhead. Movement is relatively smooth, though. But I've seen better in SoH, for sure.
(02-29-2020, 10:50 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: 1. It would probably be worth changing leaderboard endpoint, right now it says "2015".
2. The game is very unresponsive to me. Controls not registering, changing cursor mode takes 3-5 clicks, same for going overhead. Movement is relatively smooth, though. But I've seen better in SoH, for sure.

Imo both servers and clients can't handle new buildings/ships/planets as as old ones. That's also why servers are slow with 20 ppl connected.

Hazeron probably have a lot of interconnected deprecated, dead code, unoptimized functions, memory errors, mainly because it's an old project and that's why servers can't run on a rasbperry pi 3-4.
[Image: unknown.png]
(02-29-2020, 05:17 AM)expert700 Wrote: EDIT: Turns out there are some minor scaling problems
[Image: zkshjOh.jpg]

Same thing happening with ships.
I actually haven't been able to play/launch the game for about ~a week. Tried to log in and play as the universe was falling apart and was unable, and I'm still not able to make a new character in the new Universe either.

Are the servers just still undergoing a lot of problems? I'm just sad about losing sub time. :(

Edit: Finally made it in. Dunno what changed.
PM me with your account name and I'll add time.