Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
French Empire to Foxtail
[Image: french10.png]

Hello,

A few days ago, you dared to call the players of our cowardly empire.

Quote:[Image: deantw12.jpg]

We have seen fit to remind you that the word letting go is not at all part of our vocabulary.
Reason why we have lead some skirmishes on some Foxtail positions. We do not exclude for the moment the possibility of coordinating our forces with your other adversaries.

We have destroy your private ship Angel , but before, we did that:

[Image: cowars10.jpg]

Finished.
[Image: signat10.jpg]
(02-24-2020, 02:59 PM)Ripticus Wrote: A few days ago, you dared to call the players of our cowardly empire.

We have destroy your private ship

That doesn't really prove otherwise.

It just proves you only dare attack while you are set to neutral so my ship doesn't open fire, and that you aren't afraid to attack while I am offline.

Maybe "cowardly" means something else to the French Empire, that would explain a lot about your attempts at bravery.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/ User: Deantwo
(02-24-2020, 03:23 PM)Deantwo Wrote: It just proves you only dare attack while you are set to neutral so my ship doesn't open fire, and that you aren't afraid to attack while I am offline.

Maybe "cowardly" means something else to the French Empire, that would explain a lot about your attempts at bravery.

KEK

>"I had a huge vulnerability in my ship defenses, please don't use it"

Misunderstanding what tactic is at this point is fun, if you think war is basically "rush the enemy and die" then I know now why you're not able to win anything.

Might this should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactic_(method)

If not and you're still mad, you still can contemplate this and then fill the following form:
[Image: Comm.png]
[Image: 1507438449963.jpg]
(02-24-2020, 03:42 PM)Xantheose Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:23 PM)Deantwo Wrote: It just proves you only dare attack while you are set to neutral so my ship doesn't open fire,

Misunderstanding what tactic is at this point is fun,

What? How is my diplomatic stance a flaw in the ship's defense?
If you found an actual flaw in it you should report it to Jack so he can fix it.

But yeah sure, it can be a tactic to make me lower my guard. Not that the French Empire has ever been very talkative in the community.

(02-24-2020, 03:42 PM)Xantheose Wrote: if you think war is basically "rush the enemy and die" then I know now why you're not able to win anything.

When have I ever rushed something and died? Is that your idea of something not being a war?
So to you a war is: Hide in far away galaxy. Ignore peace offers. Shitpost on the forum. Don't do anything at all until the universe is officially declared over. Destroy one ship belonging to the enemy that doesn't even actively fight you.

Good job, you have won the game.

Now what are your future plans? Wait until universe 6 is declared officially over and then destroy another ship that won't return fire?
Or are you going silent again? Until you get bored and start attacking everyone with proxy empires again?

Really go back to the silent/anonymous proxy empires, those were much easier to declare a galactic menace and rally other empires against. Maybe the Foxtail empire can even forgive the betrayal committed by the Weltreich empire if we have a common foe.
(02-24-2020, 04:22 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:42 PM)Xantheose Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:23 PM)Deantwo Wrote: It just proves you only dare attack while you are set to neutral so my ship doesn't open fire,

Misunderstanding what tactic is at this point is fun,

What? How is my diplomatic stance a flaw in the ship's defense?
If you found an actual flaw in it you should report it to Jack so he can fix it.

But yeah sure, it can be a tactic to make me lower my guard. Not that the French Empire has ever been very talkative in the community.

(02-24-2020, 03:42 PM)Xantheose Wrote: if you think war is basically "rush the enemy and die" then I know now why you're not able to win anything.

When have I ever rushed something and died? Is that your idea of something not being a war?
So to you a war is: Hide in far away galaxy. Ignore peace offers. Shitpost on the forum. Don't do anything at all until the universe is officially declared over. Destroy one ship belonging to the enemy that doesn't even actively fight you.
I think he talked about the fact having a neutral stance towards neutral empires is a "vulnerability". While it's true, being enemy to all isn't interesting and even annoying if you meet some nice dudes.

About the "rush and die" he wanted to remind you that in this game, and a lot of other sandbox games, war isn't won by big declared frontal assaults. Yeah it's nice and fun, but it's more effective to be stealth and / or quick with strategic strikes. It's common to use or abuse neutral stance as there's no way to say if it's a friend being close to you, or an enemy infiltrating your ships.
5 years without playing.. What a mess
There's work to be done.
(02-24-2020, 04:32 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: I think he talked about the fact having a neutral stance towards neutral empires is a "vulnerability". While it's true, being enemy to all isn't interesting and even annoying if you meet some nice dudes.

... It's common to use or abuse neutral stance as there's no way to say if it's a friend being close to you, or an enemy infiltrating your ships.

Yup. I have never been serious about war in Hazeron, and generally believe people won't attack me as I am not aggressive. So I set empires I don't consider enemies as neutral. My first contact stance is also neutral.

I am sure that if people wanted to attack me and destroy my stuff, they can do it in many ways. I'd rather attempt to show that I am not a threat than try to make the "perfect defense".

I do have a bug report about spacecraft damage not being a war policy option though.
See: (Bug report) Missing War Policy: Spacecraft Damaged
[Image: dt_manual.png]
[Image: 85801951.jpg]
(02-24-2020, 03:23 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 02:59 PM)Ripticus Wrote: A few days ago, you dared to call the players of our cowardly empire.

We have destroy your private ship

That doesn't really prove otherwise.

It just proves you only dare attack while you are set to neutral so my ship doesn't open fire, and that you aren't afraid to attack while I am offline.

When you are online in front of us, you end up like this :

[Image: deantw10.jpg]

One last picture about your last message :

[Image: l_univ10.jpg]
[Image: signat10.jpg]
He's still mad lol

[Image: Untitled_Project.gif]

[Image: fun_u5_3.gif]