Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-02-13 Trade Agreements, Inspect Head, Construction Filter, Binder
Trade Agreements
Broker trade transactions.

A broker can now be used to negotiate and execute trade agreements.

Propose a trade agreement at a broker using the Broker page of the Building window. A proposal is sent to another city that has a broker. The proposal contains an offer to trade commodities in exchange for commodities they have.

The broker window in the other city shows the proposal. A person there must accept the proposal to begin trading under the agreement. There are also options to decline or offer a counter proposal.

Once agreed, the brokers accumulate their shipments under the agreement. When both brokers are ready, the shipments are exchanged at the same time, to insure fairness.

Inspect Head
If I inspect a head in my gear or attached to a comm message, there is no 3D model of the head.

Item inspector window now renders heads.

Construction Blueprint Filter
The number of blueprints available to build things is overwhelming to new players.

Building blueprint filter on the Construction window now has a Basic mode, which is the default. See the blueprint filter window for details.

Christen Ship
I cannot christen my ship. The button does nothing.

Fixed.

Binder
A document binder would be very convenient, for storing documents.

Binder commodity item added. It can be made in three colors: red, green and blue (how original).

Binder stores up to 100 documents but it only requires one unit of pack space. Documents include all paper and disk items, such as spacecraft titles, blueprints, logs, and patents.

Spacecraft factory and construction window will find blueprints in binders, when listing blueprints available to you.
(02-13-2020, 03:48 PM)Haxus Wrote: Trade Agreements

Sounds cool.
Would love it if the other city automatically accepted the trade agreements if the avatar is in chain of command over both cities.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
The universe will be reset at the end of this month.

This update today is probably the last one before things start to break a little. Most of the items remaining on my to-do list have been postponed until now, because they will break data somewhere.

Be sure all of your blueprints are saved into .SoH files on your computer. You will be able to load them after the restart.

The blueprint exchanges will be reset when the universe is reset. The exchanges will contain no blueprints after the reset. I will republish my designs right away.
Quote:Would love it if the other city automatically accepted the trade agreements if the avatar is in chain of command over both cities.

Great idea. I'll do that.
Also we still can't see how many shipments we can schedule at a broker.
See: (Bug report) Broker doesn't show Shipment limit

I am assuming we can't accept a trade while the broker is at its scheduled shipment limit?
I see you have already done away with all the exchange BP's ...I just came back a week ago and don't have any of the new ones yet. I would have liked the opportunity to save a few.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(02-13-2020, 06:35 PM)Greydog Wrote: I see you have already done away with all the exchange BP's ...I just came back a week ago and don't have any of the new ones yet. I would have liked the opportunity to save a few.

What do you mean? All the exchange blueprints are still there.
The list of public blueprints is even on the website still.
Here: http://hazeron.com/EmpireStandings2015/Exchange.html

This update literally added a default option to hide non-Haxus building blueprints. Which is likely your issue, if you are only checking the construction window.
Seems like the Policy tab isn't complete !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-13-2020, 03:48 PM)Haxus Wrote: Construction Blueprint Filter
The number of blueprints available to build things is overwhelming to new players.

Building blueprint filter on the Construction window now has a Basic mode, which is the default. See the blueprint filter window for details.

You probably need to do something about the Aircraft Factory blueprint.
Code:
Blueprint: 3415101 Aircraft Factory
Architect: Haxus Q
Jobs: 22 Manufacturing, 24 Service
Commodity Storage: Space for 82.824 per Type
I love the design of it, but it has some issues.

It can be almost all building types, and its name starts with "A" so it is always sorted first. It having aircraft parking spots means that it will fetch vehicles from the locations that newbies expect to find vehicles and hide them away in random buildings.

Maybe aircraft/vehicle factories and airports should be prioritized, so they have other buildings fetch vehicles from them. Or simply prevent aircraft parking spots on normal building blueprints.

See also: (Idea thread post) Re: Building Blueprint Simplification

(02-13-2020, 07:10 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Seems like the Policy tab isn't complete !

There is nothing wrong with that window. Most of the options were just removed because they weren't used anymore.
See: 2019-12-09 Abandonment Decay, City Founder, Empire Policies

Or are you just saying that it looks weird like that?

I have always wanted a place to write a public empire description for others to see. For example show it on the diplomacy window.
I was expecting to see the object/vehicle disinger before the reset.