Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Too easy colonisation

(01-31-2020, 05:52 PM)Norm49 Wrote: [...] It would now be possible to blockade a planet. New type of warfare, wars of attrition trying to force a planet to surrender (morale drop so the city rebel an become a city form a NPC pirate empire).

This, blockading planets, is a lovely idea that should be discussed further in a separate thread. (I'll link to it here if I make such a post later today)

However, discussing a "Junior Officer" or perhaps "Trade Commissioner" on planet that commands trade ships in system. There are a number of questions brought by such an idea. Firstly, where would one find such officer? Perhaps just as a menu at an airport or broker? How does the game determine where a valid location to send these cargo ships to is? Would it use any and all airports and delivery locations? It seems like it justs adds an extra step of returning to the home world after completing an airport on the moon. this could complicate setting up large systems and add server load checking the officers orders that would be better used via just requiring an air port be finished.
I would like to hear the idea explained more in depth though.

I do like the idea of a Trade Commissioner, or Research Lead NPC guiding players in some form of story tutorial setting up their first truely distant colony, but that too is an idea for a separate thread.
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.

Messages In This Thread
Too easy colonisation - by Kastuk - 01-30-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: Too easy colonisation - by Deantwo - 01-31-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: Too easy colonisation - by Oggal - 01-31-2020, 05:51 PM
RE: Too easy colonisation - by Deantwo - 01-31-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: Too easy colonisation - by Norm49 - 01-31-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Too easy colonisation - by Oggal - 01-31-2020, 07:14 PM